star Wars : rise of the Resistance at Disney World was the first gear attraction to require a Boarding Group, but other attractions have picked up virtual queues. The latest ? Remy ‘s Ratatouille Adventure over at EPCOT ! As of Sept. 23, 2021, Boarding Groups have been paused for Rise of the Resistance. That means for the first clock time since the ride opened in 2019, a understudy line is in operation ! however, during vertex times, Boarding Groups may return, so keep this information handy equitable in case you need it during your time on Batuu. And nowadays there ‘s a newfangled, paid means to entree Rise of the Resistance — as an individual Lightning Lane selection !
In this template, we ’ ll cover everything you need to know about Rise of the Resistance, including how to access the ride via standby, Lightning Lane service and virtual queue. Grab your lightsaber !
Overview | Using the Standby Queue | Accessing Rise of the Resistance as an Individual Lightning Lane Selection | Using a virtual Queue for Rise of the Resistance | Tips and Tricks
A Complete Guide to Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
This immersive attraction is located in Star Wars : Galaxy ‘s Edge at Disney ‘s Hollywood Studios. You ‘re placed in the heart of the action as the Resistance needs your help with a secret mission ! Join chap recruits on a thrilling mission against the first Order as you try to escape the Star Destroyer. You ‘ll see some familiar faces from the films, including Rey and Kylo Ren. With interactional frame members and an incredible pathless system, this feel is sincerely out-of-this-world. If you ‘re all right with spoilers before you ride, you can check out the full moon queue and pre-show in the video recording Tad blast below ! It ‘s one of the most democratic rides at Disney World, and for good reason. every meter we ride, we notice something new !
Using the Standby Queue to Access Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
As we mentioned earlier, in September 2021, the consumption of the virtual queue arrangement was paused for Star Wars : rise of the Resistance. Many of us had mastered using our datapads to get a group by that time, but for many others, this presented the first opportunity to ride using the standby line. here ‘s what to know about the standby line : when Boarding Groups are in operation, the standby queue does not exist. Bookmark this mail and hop back before your future visit — we ‘ll keep this mail updated then that you know the best room to access this ride ahead of clock time ! Another way to see whether or not Rise is operating with a Boarding Group is via the My Disney Experience app ; if you see a understudy wait time, a understudy queue is in operation. If you see the Rise of the Resistance module with deets about the Boarding Group serve, a Boarding Group is in use. ( Disney initially gave the caveat that the virtual line up may return during vertex or busy times, so it ‘s potential ! )
When Star Wars : emanation of the Resistance is operating normally with a understudy line up, you can hop into the production line like you would any early attraction. With the popularity of this ride, expect long waits, as many guests will have the first luck to experience this ride now that standby is available. We ‘ve seen this delay time fluctuate from 60 to 155 minutes on any given day ( and know that during interfering times, this range will probably go even higher ). If Rise is a must-do for you, and standby is the best choice for your fam, hop in course toward the end of the even as the wait tapers .
If you ‘re anything like me, the first thing you ‘re probably thinking is, “ What do I do about the public toilet in a two-hour line ? ” well, as the ma of two tadpoles, I got to experience this myself ! If you need a bathroom break in, notify the following mold member in the queue. The roll extremity will then escort you to the public toilet ( this one was behind a top-secret door just for that argue, so you wo n’t need to walk through the land to another public toilet ). They ‘ll then walk you rear to the line to jump back in .
Purchasing an Individual Lightning Lane Selection for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
star Wars : heighten of the Resistance is now available as an person Lightning Lane excerpt. Using the My Disney Experience app, guests can select two premium attractions each day to purchase skip-the-line access. Disney World Resort hotel guests can access these choices at 7 ante meridiem each day, while off-site guests can access them at park open. These add-ons can range from $ 7 to $ 15 per person, per day — and pricing varies from sidereal day to day. You may see a higher price for these attractions during flower times, for exemplar. And the more in-demand the tease, the higher the price is likely to be ( for exercise, Expedition Everest may be $ 8 while arise of the Resistance is $ 15 ) .
If you ‘re a Disney World Resort hotel guest and riding Rise is a must-do for you, Lightning Lane may be a good option for you. When it comes to thinking about Genie+ and person Lightning Lane selections, the question becomes how much do you value your time ? Is it worth it to you to pay rather than wait for a few hours in cable ? If then, it ‘s all-important to hop on to My Disney Experience at 7 ante meridiem — these spots go cursorily and do sell out !
For off-site guests, to date, there have been some days where individual Lightning Lane selections for Rise of the Resistance are sold out before park open, which means understudy would be the only way to access. Regardless of where you are staying, it ‘s all-important to be prompt in selecting your individual Lightning Lane choice for Rise — do n’t wait ! — since they sell out .
For more information, hop over to our full mail on Genie+ .
Experiencing Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance with a Virtual Queue
There may be times where a virtual queue is utilized for Star Wars : rise of the Resistance. During these choose times, entirely those who join the virtual queue and receive a Boarding Group may access the attraction. No standby queue will be available. person Lightning Lane selections would remain available as usual. We ‘ll be sure to update this post as things evolve, but the best way to see if a virtual queue is in place at any given time is using the My Disney Experience app. When a virtual queue is in place, here ‘s what you ‘ll need to know !
Before You Arrive at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
To start, you ’ ll need the latest version of the My Disney Experience app to join the virtual queue. You ‘ll want to download it the night before, so you ‘re ready to go at 7 ante meridiem ( Pssst — check out our full guide to using My Disney Experience for even more tips and tricks ! ) It ’ mho besides identical significant to add your integral party to your Family and Friends tilt. While there are no limits to the number of people who can join a Boarding Group, only guests with valid admission and a Disney Park Pass mental reservation for Hollywood Studios are able to access the virtual queue system at 7 ante meridiem on the day of their reservation. Thanks to recent app changes, you can confirm your party before 7 ante meridiem vitamin a opposed to being contribution of the Boarding Group sign-up action. If you do n’t get a Boarding Group at 7 ante meridiem, you ‘ll still have a second casual at 1 p.m .
Like we mentioned above, if you want to book Rise of the Resistance as your individual Lightning Lane excerpt for the day, you can access it at 7 ante meridiem ( for Disney World Resort hotel guests ) or park opening ( all other guests ) using the My Disney Experience app. When you reserve, you ‘ll be able to choose a return time from the available windows. In order to reserve, you ‘ll either need a park hopper ticket or a park sink mental reservation for Hollywood Studios on the like sidereal day.
Read more: Gadi Wala Game — Download Karein — in 2020
What Is a Boarding Group and How to Join to Ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
A Boarding Group was previously the merely way to access Star Wars : rise of the Resistance at Disney World. Once you ‘ve joined a Boarding Group, you ’ ll be assigned a Boarding Group count. These Boarding Group numbers are then notified in chronological order when it ’ second time to return to the drawing card and enter the line up. You may get an estimate time wait time ( such as 20 minutes or 210 minutes ) but otherwise, the time depends on how promptly the depend on can accommodate the Boarding Groups before you, so do n’t take the expect time excessively strictly .
In order to join the virtual queue, you ‘ll need to access the My Disney Experience app at either 7 ante meridiem ( any location ) or 1 post meridiem ( inside the park ). On the home page of the app, there will be a section named “ Star Wars : rise of the Resistance – Request access with Virtual Queue. ” Click on the Join push button. This is where you and your selected friends and class members can join a Boarding Group. note that guests must be inwardly Hollywood Studios at 1 post meridiem to access this second opportunity, which is subject to handiness and not guaranteed. Park hoppers will not be able to join the virtual queue, as park hop hours begin at 2 p.m .
You ‘ll want to confirm quickly and use your quick fingers to click through the screens. Boarding Groups can fill up within the first base few seconds, so you should be cook on your earphone before the clock strikes the hour. Our best gratuity is to open the app properly around 6:58 ante meridiem ( or 12:58 post meridiem ). About a moment before the hour, pull down on the screen to refresh and a blue sky Join button should appear .
Disney may implement stand-in Boarding Groups. Once the initial Boarding Groups have been filled, you may be notified that you are joining a accompaniment group ( this cut-off Boarding Group phone number changes depending on the day ). These stand-in groups will only be called if all of the initially planned groups have been called and there is the capacity for extra riders. Joining these accompaniment groups does not guarantee access to the drive. A push button notification will be sent through the app if your backing group is called .
You’ve Joined a Boarding Group! What Happens Now?
Congratulations ! now that you ’ ve successfully joined a Boarding Group, you can get cook for the rest of your day. If you still want to head to the ballpark early, we ‘d suggest taking advantage of any rides with moo wait times or making a beeline toward your future precedence ride ( Slinky Dog, anyone ? ) .
once you ‘re in the park, you can keep track of your Boarding Group ‘s status through the My Disney Experience app. Be sure to turn your push notifications on so that you ’ ll receive a notification when your Boarding Group is called ! There are besides digital boards that display precisely which groups are boarding throughout the park. Once it ’ s your Boarding Group ’ s go, you ‘ll be assigned a one-hour window to return to the attraction ’ south entrance and check-in with the hurl members to enter the line up. Cast members will have to scan your MagicBand or park ticket poster, indeed have those ready to go !
If your Boarding Group is a higher number and international relations and security network ’ thymine expected to be called until late in the day, you may leave the ballpark and reappearance to your hotel to swim in those deluxe heat pools or take a nap. But keep in judgment that you ‘ll only have an hour to return once your Boarding Group is called ! We suggest staying inside the park so you do n’t run the risk of missing your arrival window .
If the ride happens to shut down in order to work out some kinks, there is a luck you could experience a delay. Boarding Groups will stop being called, and entrance into the line up will be closed if you ‘re not already in line. Once the ride is up and running again, the order of Boarding Groups will pick up where it was left off. Your return window will be extended if a delay causes you to miss your exhalation time, but hush keep a close eye on which Boarding Groups are allowed submission .
With the possibility of ride delays, joining a Boarding Group does not guarantee that you ‘ll be able to ride Star Wars : get up of the Resistance .
Other Tips for Accessing Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- If the virtual queue is operating and you have a DAS card, you’ll still need to secure a spot in a Boarding Group first. Once your Boarding Group is called, you’ll show your DAS card to the cast members, who will direct you to the Lightning Lane.
- Rider Switch is available for this attraction! Speak with a cast member at the attraction for more information. (When a virtual queue is in place, you’ll need to secure a Boarding Group before utilizing the service.)
- Each guest cannot get more than one virtual boarding pass and individual Lightning Lane selection for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance per day. (But if the virtual queue is in use, you could join the virtual queue and pay for the individual Lightning Lane access to ride twice.)
- We’ve found that turning off Disney’s Wi-Fi and using our cellular data works best when trying to access My Disney Experience, whether you’re trying to book a Boarding Group or individual Lightning Lane selection (along with our speedy fingers). If you wish to get a Boarding Group at the second distribution time, try to find a less crowded spot in the park where there aren’t many others around you. If you’re off property at 7 a.m., just make sure you have a good signal wherever you are! Move to an area that gives you the most bars.
- In the morning, set an alarm on your phone for 6:55 a.m. (when trying for an individual Lightning Lane selection) and 12:55 p.m. (if you’re trying for the later Boarding Group distribution time) so you don’t froget!
- If you’re visiting with more than one person, we’ve heard of families designating one person as the “timekeeper” and one as the “pass getter.” The timekeeper will watch the world clock on their phone to be able to give the heads up about a minute before the queue opens to the designated pass getter. The pass getter should then refresh that first page repeatedly until the “join” button turns blue — then tap it!
- Move quickly if you do get past the first “Join” page! Stay speedy as you select your group (which should be automatically selected based on who has a Disney Park Pass reservation to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in your party that day). Outside of skimming to select your party, as others in the Frog Pond will tell you, don’t waste any precious time reading the text in each step.
- Try not to be discouraged if you don’t get a Boarding Group at 7 a.m., as you can try again later! Follow the same steps to prepare for the 1 p.m. distribution time. There is always a chance you won’t get able to obtain a Boarding Group. We recommend setting expectations before you go to the park and not letting the disappointment ruin the rest of your day.
- Be surely to have your tug notifications on and keep an eye on the app, as you lone have a one-hour reelect window and may need tojump to the line up cursorily .
- If you find that your ride return time may overlap with a dining or experience reservation, visit a Guest Relations member (generally under blue umbrellas) and they’ll be hoppy to help.
- If you’re hoping to reserve Rise of the Resistance as a paid individual Lightning Lane selection, don’t delay, as spots go quickly for the day!
- Remember: If all else fails and you’ve packed your patience, a standby line is now available for this epic experience.
Are you quick to ride Star Wars : rise of the Resistance at Disney World ? Do you have any other questions about accessing the ride ? contribution in the comments below.
Read more: The environmental impact of a PlayStation 4
Related: Our Galactic Guide to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney World