refer : terrarium : Everything We Know About The 1.4 Journey ‘s End Update On Console
The importance of potions in Terraria decidedly grows when you start tackling the game in Expert and Master Mode ( check out our tips for the impossible Master Mode ), but there are potions with uses for flush casual players. here ‘s a comprehensive list of every potion in Terraria, including what they do, how to get them, and why you might bother with them at all.
THEGAMER VIDEO OF THE DAY Note: Most, if not all, of the potions you can craft require Bottled Water.
Healing Potions In Terraria
Healing potions are your best ally in Terraria. They are literally life-saving. From the humble Mushroom plucked from the land to the complex endgame Super Healing Potion that heals a humongous 200 health with one gulp, you ‘re going to need these potions throughout your Terraria tend. here ‘s a spirit at each healing potion in Terraria :
- The Mushroom, basic, scrumptious, and found everywhere – the Mushroom heals 15hp
- Lesser Healing Potions are crafted from a Mushroom and two Gel, and will heal 50 points of health.
- The Basic Healing Potion, crafted with Lesser Healing Potions and some Glowing Mushrooms, restores 100 Health
- Greater Healing Potion, only available in Hardmode and crafted with Pixie Dust, and Crystal Shards, restores 150 health
- The Super Healing Potion, an Endgame Healing potion that restores 200 health, crafted with Nebula, Solar, Stardust, and Vortex Fragments (sometimes dropped by the Moon Lord)
relate : terrarium : Best Pre-Hardmode Weapons
Some other options include Bottled Honey, sometimes dropped by the Queen Bee, that restores 80 health ; the delectable Christmas Eggnog, found in Presents during the Christmas event ( 80 health ), and the Honeyfin, more a food token than a potion, that can be found when fishing in honey .
Mana Potions In Terraria
Mana is a useful tool in Terraria, particularly if you ‘re opting for a Magic Build ( check out our complete Magic Build scout in Terraria 1.4 for some tips ). Like Health, you will need to constantly replenish your mana if you want to succeed with spells in Terraria. here ‘s a list of all the mana potions in terrarium :
- Lesser Mana Potion, typically the base starting point for any sort of mana regeneration, found in pots dotted around your world and restores 50 mana.
- The Mana Potion, a straight upgrade to the Lesser Mana Potion, restores 100 mana
- Greater Mana Potion, there’s no way to craft this one, but it can be purchased from your friendly Wizard NPC for 5 silver, and used to restore 200 mana
- Super Mana Potion, the endgame mana potion, crafted from Greater Mana Potions, Fallen Stars, Crystal Shards, and Unicorn Horns, and restores 300 mana
related : terrarium : 10 Best Wings In The Game
In Terraria 1.4, you can besides craft the Restoration Potion, using Mushrooms, Glowing Mushrooms, Pink Gel, and Bottles. This restores Health and Mana at the same clock .
Buff Potions In Terraria
This is where things get truly tasty. There are loads and loads of Buff Potions in Terraria, with specific potions for each class and playstyle available in the game. here ‘s a look at the potions, divided up by combat, utility, and other general buffs that might come in useful .
Combat Buff Potions in Terraria
Combat buffs can make a huge difference in those catchy boss fights. From a bare Archer Potion for an early game put-down of the Eye of Cthulu to the stacks of buffs you ‘ll have by the endgame struggle with the Moon Lord, here ‘s a list of every combat buffet potion in Terraria :
- Archery Potion, crafted with Daybloom and a Lens, increases arrow speed and damage by 20 percent
- Ammo Reservation Potion, crafted with Double Cod and Moonglow, offers a 20 percent chance not to consume your ammo
- Endurance Potion, crafted with an Armored Cavefish and Blinkroot, reduces overall damage taken by 10 percent (can be very useful in boss fights)
- Heartreach Potion, crafted with Crimson Tigerfish and Daybloom, increases the range with which you can pick up life hearts
- Inferno Potion, crafted with a Flarefin Koi, Obsidifish, and Fireblossm, sets enemies on fire around you for four minutes
- Ironskin Potion, Daybloom, and Lead or Iron ore, a great early game melee build potion that increases your defense by eight
- Lifeforce Potion, Prismite, Moonglow, Shiverthorn, Waterleaf, increases max life by 20 percent (quite tricky to craft with lots of different resources needed, but a good combat boost)
- Magic Power Potion, crafted with Moonglow, Deathweed, and Fallen Stars, offers a 20 percent boost to magic damage (perfect for a magic build)
- Rage Potion, crafted with Hemopirana and Deathweed, increases critical damage chance by 10 percent for four minutes
- Thorns Potion, crafted from Deathweed, Cactus, Worm Tooth, and a Stinger, causes attackers to also take damage
- Wrath Potion, crafted with Ebonkoi and Deathweed, increases overall damage by 10 percent
Utility Buff Potions In Terraria
Potions and buffs in Terraria are n’t just about combat. There are many potions that can help you in other areas of the crippled, such as mining, build up ( specially if you want to build the most realistic sign of the zodiac you can ), and exploration. here ‘s a cheeseparing look :
- Battle Potion, crafted with Deathweed and Rotten Chunks or Vertebra, increases spawn rate for seven minutes, ideal if you’re trying to farm for an item drop or resources
- Calming Potion, crafted with Damselfish and Daybloom, basically the opposite of the Battle Potion, reduces enemy spawning rate, for when you want to mine or build in peace
- Dangersense Potion, crafted with Shiverthorn and Cobweb, highlights danger sources (including traps, which is super useful when spelunking)
- Featherfall Potion, crafted with Daybloom, Blinkroot, and Feather, reduces falling speed for 10 minutes, good for searching for Floating Islands with the gravity potion
- Flipper Potion: crafted from Shiverthorn and Waterleaf, lets you move faster in liquids
- Gills Potion: crafted from Coral and Waterleaf, lets you breathe underwater, perfect for exploring the Ocean biome or deep underwater caves, especially when paired with the Flipper Potion
- Greater Luck Potion, crafted with Waterleaf, Lady Bug, and Pink Pearl, luck is a new mechanic introduced in 1.4 that determines drop rate from enemies, drink this potion to raise the chances of item drops
- Hunter Potion, crafted with Daybloom, Blinkroot, and Shark Fin, highlights the location of enemies
- Invisibility Potion, crafted from Blinkroot and Moonglow, makes you invisible and lowers enemy spawn rate for three minutes
- Mining Potion, crafted with Antlion Mandible and Blinkroot, increases mining speed by 25 percent for those speedy mining trips
- Night Owl Potion, crafted with Daybloom and Blinkroot, increases night vision, basically lets you see in the dark
- Obsidian Skin Potion, crafted with Fireblossom, Waterleaf, and Obsidian, grants immunity to lava (ideal for exploring the Underworld)
- Shine Potion, crafted with Daybloom and Glowing Mushroom, emits a bubble of light around you
- Spelunker Potion, crafted with Blinkroot, Moonglow, and Platinum or Gold Ore, one of the best potions in the game as it highlights treasure and ore
- Thorns Potion, crafted with Blinkroot and Cactus, increases movement speed by 25 percent
- Water Walking Potion, crafted with Waterleaf and Shark Fin, lets you walk on water
Fishing Potions In Terraria
fishing is a lucrative activity in Terraria. You can check out our list of the best fishing rods in Terraria here, or read on to take a closer look at the fish potions available in the game.
Read more: Valheim guide: Planting seeds and farming
- Fishing Potion, crafted with Crispy Honey Block and Water Leaf, increases your base fishing power for eight minutes
- Crate Potion, crafted with Amber, Moonglow, Shiverthorn, and Water Leaf, increases your chance to get a crate when fishing for three minutes
related : terrarium : 10 Best Accessories In The Game
many of the potions in Terraria require fish to craft, so you ‘ll find yourself fishing quite a lot. You might a well craft these potions to make your trips a bite more utilitarian .
Flasks In Terraria
Flasks are useful melee and whip-specific potions that are crafted at an Imbuing Station. only one can be drink and utilize at a time, but they can be very useful for providing meaning buffs .
- Flask of Cursed Flames, crafted with Cursed Flame, imbues your weapon with Cursed Flames and causes Cursed Inferno
- Flask of Fire, crafted with Hellstone, causes the On Fire! debuff to your enemy
- Flask of Gold, crafted with Gold Dust, inflicts Midas on your enemies (increases coin drop when you kill an enemy, perfect if you’re going for some of the most expensive items in the game)
- Flask of Ichor, crafted with Ichor, causes your opponent’s defense to drop when hit
- Flask of Nanites, crafted with Nanites, causes the Confused debuff in your enemies
- Flask of Party, crafted with Confetti, creates a Confetti explosion when you hit enemies (this one’s just for a bit of fun)
- Flask of Poison, crafted with Stingers, debuffs your enemies with Poison that does damage over time
- Flask of Venom, crafted with Vial of Venom, debuffs your enemies with Acid Venom which prevents health regen and deals damage over time, basically a stronger version of Poison
Other General Potions In Terraria
There are some other general potions in Terraria that do not fit comfortably in the above categories. They include the comply :
- Recall Potion: crafted with a Specular Fish and either Daybloom or Deathweed, teleports you to your spawn point, great for the early game when you don’t have a Magic Mirror yet
- Teleportation Potion: crafted with Chaos Fish, Fireblossom, and on PC, Blinkroot as well, teleports you to a random location
- Wormhole Potion: crafted with Specular Fish and Blinkroot, transports you to another team member’s location that you select
future : The Best terrarium Mods You Can Get And How To Install Them
The Official Uncharted Movie Poster Is Out, And Fans Are n’t Loving It
“ This post horse is merely two random dudes standing about. ”
About The Author
( 382 Articles Published )
Harry Alston is a writer based in the UK. He was once number one in the universe on Call of duty : Black Ops and now spends his days chasing that past aura .
From Harry Alston