- “She’s very calm and grown up. I’m not the only person in town who looks up to her!“
- — Isabelle, talking about a snooty villager, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Whitney, a snooty villager who appears in most of the Animal Crossing series games, as well as in the film.
|Villagers count by game|
|Villagers count by type|
Snooty [ 1 ] [ 2 ] is a female villager personality type in the Animal Crossing series. Snooty villagers are portrayed as egoistic and arrogant, and in earlier games they are dismissive toward the player. As of the let go of of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, there are a sum of 67 bigheaded villagers across the series ; [ nb 1 ] 57 appear in New Horizons .
Characteristics [edit ]
Alli, a luminary bigheaded villager, arrogantly compares herself to fireworks .
Behaviors [edit ]
Snooty villagers are well-spoken and civil, but sometimes appear egoistic and arrogant towards other villagers, including the musician. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, they speak with a lower-pitched and sophisticate, about charming voice, which sounds alike to the voices used by smug villagers. Animal Crossing: New Horizons gives them a soft and sophisticate voice similar to the convention villagers, but at a lower slope. If the player talks to them frequently, they open up and become more chatty, and will sometimes give the musician lessons in fashion. however, this does n’t prevent them from making the occasional scathing gloss. Snooty villagers normally have upper-class names, or name relating to high-value items and gemstones, making them easy to distinguish when talking to villagers around the town. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the arrogant nature of bigheaded villagers is toned down.
Like bouncing villagers, they read “ Ms. Nintendique ” frequently, coming out with quotations from the magazine such as what their lucky item of the day is, or saying that they bought then much blush that the magazine gave them a shirt, and then they say, “ here, you can have it ! ” and give it to the player. They will frequently talk about Gracie and how much they love her dress. In Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, bigheaded villagers turn into stereotyped, yet hush egoistic housewives. As such, their chief interests lean toward housecleaning, cooking ( particularly cakes ) and gossip preferably than fashion. While more affable and civil than common, bigheaded villagers still put themselves in senior high school regards ; frankincense, it is not rare to see them comparing their life style with other, unknown neighbors – while even lingering in the remember of having person who shares their refined tastes. In their spare time, they like reading magazines and play games like sudoku. however, bigheaded villagers still maintain a screen of heedless and materialistic daily approach to life, which is about crystal-clear while they go shopping : they ca n’t resist the recommend of buying things, and rakishly let their problems slide on the shoulders of their future-selves. In Animal Crossing, bigheaded villagers go to sleep at 2:30 AM and wake up at 9:00 AM. In Animal Crossing: Wild World and Animal Crossing: City Folk, they go to sleep at 3:30 AM and wake up at 9:30 AM. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, they go to sleep at 2:00 AM and wake up at 9:30 AM. In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, they normally go to sleep at 2:30 AM and wake up at 8:30 AM .
Relationships [edit ]
Olivia, a notable snooty villager, argues with Biskit, a lazy villager; Snooty and lazy villagers often conflict with one another. Because of their arrogant behaviors, they will find it unmanageable to socialize with cranky villagers, due to cranky villagers expressing a bitter antipathy about their life style. They may even be the discipline of a rumor being spread by them. faineant villagers besides conflict with bigheaded villagers due to opposite lifestyles : lazy villagers spent their fourth dimension slack, consume, and not worrying about their physical appearance or life style. Jocks often criticize bigheaded villagers for their lack of fitness, who will be offended by them for insulting their appearance. bouncing villagers honestly complain to snooty villagers about their discourtesy, which again offends them. On some occasions, however, a bouncing villager may admire a bigheaded villager for their fashion smell. Despite this, bigheaded villagers will get along with smug villagers perfectly, due to common interests and behaviors : smug villagers are besides arrogant and boastful, and besides have elegant lifestyles. convention villagers besides get along well with them, due to the kind nature of normal villagers, but will still be angered by them if the wrong things are said .
Quotes [edit ]
Below are some (not all) quotes made by snooty villagers.
- Oh hey! I’ve been hearing people talk about you. They’re saying you don’t speak politely. Really, being polite is the easiest thing in the world. Just say “please” a lot. As in, “please share your
with me, or else!” Or, “please don’t spread rumors about me, or else!” Got it, (catchphrase)?”
- You know,
, when I was a kid, I wanted to be a pop star. But there was one thing that I didn’t have…
Responses will be : “Good looks?” “Money?” “What was it?”
Portraits [edit ]
Below is relevant only to Animal Crossing: Wild World. Snooty villagers will ask the player the stick to interrogate to trigger their portrait-giving sequence :
- “This may sound sudden to but… You do have siblings right?”
- Responses will be:
- “Why do you ask?”
- “I don’t know.”
- By choosing “I don’t know”, and after a tirade about being mysterious, she will reply by saying:
- “What would you say if I gave this to you? This is very rare.”
- The player can respond by saying this:
- “You go, girl?”
All bigheaded villagers will say that at one point ( if talked to enough ) .
Snooty villagers [edit ]
current [edit ]
former [edit ]
negotiation [edit ]
triviality [edit ]
- Discounting species that exclusively contain male villagers, snooty is tied with jock as the personality with the least amount of species that have never received a villager with said personality, at one species each. The only species without a snooty villager is the octopus.
- Additionally, no frog, rabbit, or tiger villagers initially had the snooty personality, but later installments did introduce villagers of those species with said personality. However, Ursala, the only snooty bear in the series, would switch to a big sister personality in Welcome amiibo, meaning no bear villagers have the snooty personality as of New Horizons.
- All snooty islanders who returned in later installments would retain their personality, making it the only personality with that distinction.
Names in other languages [edit ]
|[nb 2] Presumida||Vain|
Notes [edit ]
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf, two villagers who have the snooty personality in previous games had their personalities changed. If these villagers are counted, there are a total of 69 snooty villagers across the series. Beginning in, two villagers who have the bigheaded personality in previous games had their personalities changed. If these villagers are counted, there are a total of 69 bigheaded villagers across the series .
- Altanera ( Haughty ) in the first gear edition of the book .
References [edit ]
- Nintendo Power. Animal Crossing: Wild World – The Official Nintendo Player’s Guide .
- FuturePress. Animal Crossing: New Horizons Official Companion Guide .
- FuturePress. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Das offizielle Begleitbuch
- FuturePress. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – La guía oficial
- FuturePress. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Guide compagnon officiel
- FuturePress. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – La guida ufficiale