Shalidor’s Maze Shalidor’s Maze is a section of Labyrinthian. Its entrance is on the east side of Labyrinthian ‘s outdoor laying waste, on the grind floor, just east of the mound-like structure containing the ruined draco priest monument. Despite its identify, it is not actually a tangle, in that you can not get lost in it as there are no intersections where you have to decide which way to turn .
Walkthrough [edit ]
outside [edit ]
There is a novice-locked chest of drawers and a big urn good outside the entrance. See labyrinthine for wax details of the surrounding ruin .
Shalidor’s Maze [edit ]
You enter into a corridor descending a flight of stairs to the north. After a pair turns, the corridor opens into an alfresco court with a boastfully stone wall ahead. There is an arch through the middle of the wall, and stairways up to the top on either side of the court. In front of the arch, there is a bombastic flower sleep together and a tree growing on either side. This flower seam, along with more around the court and hanging from the walls and arches outside the maze, contains plants that are listed in the table below. Taking either stairway leads to the top of the wall and provides a good watch of the maze beyond the arch, besides giving you access via Whirlwind Sprint to the top of the walls surrounding the tangle and court. These walls can besides be reached by jumping around the obstructing rock ‘n’ roll font on the western side. On the westerly wall, near the northwest corner of the area in an easily missed alcove, is an unbarred thorax. To easily locate this chest, after you pass the slop function of the wall, walk under the first square arch then stop barely before the following one ; the alcove will be on your entrust. On the eastern wall, there is another alcove with a lootable skeleton, a charge weapon ( up to Daedric in timbre ), and a random carapace. The easiest means to reaching this alcove is to continue around from the west wall, climb the top out roof over the password wall, and keep going. The two ( western and easterly ) alcoves are about immediately reverse each other.
Beyond the arch near the entrance is another court with a recruit lap. Atop the circle is a burn cadaver holding a fill person jewel and a note. By the cadaver are four smaller circles, each projecting a staff, namely, staves of Fear, Firebolts, Magelight, and Repulsion. The staves represent spells from the schools of Illusion, Destruction, Alteration, and Restoration, respectively. On either slope of this area are two more flower beds, each containing a tree and plants. Behind the staves is an arch to the start of the tangle. You can walk all the way around the outside of the tangle to reach the discussion wall at the other end of the tangle, which teaches part of the Dismay shout .
Entering the maze from the begin, you pass two shutters that contain four easy gold coins and a random filled person jewel. The way heads union to a call on to the east ; here, it is barred. To the good of the bars is a shutter that contains a scroll of Magelight. There is a Sigil of Alteration on the union wall, which requires you to cast Magelight on the sigil to lower the bars. You can use a scroll, staff, or spell to cast Magelight ; all will work. Follow the linear path through this depart of the tangle, opening the shutters as you go. Some of them hold items including a flute, two pieces of charcoal, or a unaffixed aureate mint, but most contain nothing. You will encounter a match skeevers in this character of the maze. When you reach the end of the path, you will find the Sigil of Destruction, which requires you to cast Firebolt or another targeted Destruction spell. When you do, the floor will open and allow you to drop and continue forth.
The shaft has three beams across it to help break your drop. Growing from these beams are hanging moss plants. once you reach the bed, the path continues to the confederacy and enters a typical catacomb-style area. At the crossroads, the path to the east is a dead end. The southern path ends in a spear alike to the one you dropped down earlier, with beams across it and a trap in the ceiling. Heading west leads towards a stone wall that rises as you approach to reveal a spiral stairway leading up and out of the maze on the west side, opposite a waterfall. Take the stairs and steer union to the parole wall and the second capture. This end is blocked by bars, similar to the southern conclusion ; this meter, the nearby wall is marked with the Sigil of Illusion, which requires the use of any target Illusion spell to open the manner, such as Fear. In this section of the maze, you will find the pursue items in the shutters : a horker tusk, bloody rags, a nibble of bended Dwemer bit metallic element, an emerald, an amethyst, and a garnet in concert, a centurion dynamo kernel, and a Spell Tome : Heal other. You will encounter an ice ghost and two skeevers. The skeevers might be found already abruptly, killed by the methamphetamine ghost. You will besides pass a dead skeleton that can be looted, and a imitate of the Conjuration skill record Liminal Bridges next to it. At the end of the path, the rampart bears the Sigil of Restoration, which requires the function of a target Restoration go or use of the Staff of Repulsion. The drop beyond this barrier is to the diaphysis opposite where you landed last time. directly ahead will be a celestial sphere of charming energy blocking the way. This sphere will only appear if all four sigils have been activated .
As you approach the sphere, you will be teleported to a round platform with a level dremora, who will summon a flame atronach and shoot firebolts at you. Fight the dremora, and once he loses a sealed sum of health, you will be teleported back to the capture to Shalidor ‘s Maze, as if you had entered the entire area again. The dremora may or may not appear in presence of you ( depending on whether or not you killed him in the charming sphere ), but there will always be two level atronachs beyond the arch. Both will immediately attack. Once they are all defeated, do n’t forget to loot them both for their salts. If the dremora appears arsenic well, killing him will enable you to loot a Diadem of the Savant, ampere well as a daedra kernel and a random weapon. The Diadem reduces the magicka monetary value of all spells by 5 %. If you want this item, it is recommended to let him survive the earlier fight in the charming sphere. alternatively, if you kill him cursorily during the Trial of Conjuration, precisely loot the crown from his cadaver there, then attack his cadaver with a melee weapon to teleport yourself back out ( see bugs ) .
Notes [edit ]
- If for whatever reason you do not wish to use the staves, it is possible to jump into the maze from the parapets on the sides; alternatively, simply casting the corresponding spells (if you have learned them) will suffice. Or, if you don’t have a spell, there is a scroll in the shutters to the right of the Sigil of Alteration that will work.
- For a more in-depth guide on Shalidor’s Maze, read the book A Minor Maze.
- The Diadem of the Savant can also be found on the wood chopping block outside Froki’s Shack.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2.5 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- If you are interested only in the Word of Power, you can access it by going around the maze (either left or right).
- This location cannot be independently cleared. It is only shown as cleared when the boss draugr of Labyrinthian has been killed, as the maze is considered to be part of Labyrinthian. The maze never adds to your count of cleared locations, and therefore does not contribute to the Delver achievement.
- If you get caught on the peak while climbing the roof over the word wall, jump toward the north (rear) and you’ll be freed.
- Even though you are technically outside, the game won’t let you fast travel while in the maze area, nor will the Call Dragon shout summon Odahviing.
- If you don’t have a powerful enough Conjuration spell, just run to the edge of the globe, and you will be teleported out.
Bugs [edit ]
- In the French, Italian, Spanish, German, Dutch, Russian, Polish, and Japanese versions of the game, a bug prevents you from finishing the maze. Even if you cast the right spell on the right sigil, nothing happens.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.4 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
- Change the game’s language to English to bypass the bug.
- If the dremora is killed by your first hit (as may occur if you have the Devastating Blow perk), the dremora won’t teleport back to the maze entrance, and you will get stuck in the Trial of Conjuration zone.
- Try attacking the dremora corpse with a melee weapon. This can sometimes allow you to progress through the quest.
- Sometimes a sigil will not activate, or the Trial of Conjuration zone may not trigger.
- If this happens, try walking the maze again.
- Your follower may refuse to leave the area after completing the maze. If you dismiss them, they may not return home.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.4 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Try fast traveling to a nearby location, and your follower should reappear when the game loads.
- You may move outside the labyrinth and use the console to move your follower to you (
prid [follower's refID]followed by
moveto player). They should then follow you as normal.
- Dismissing and rehiring your follower may fix this.
- Followers may also remain stuck in the maze before completing it.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.4 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
Maps [edit ]
Map of Shalidor ‘s Maze