If you ‘ve been holding off on playing Shadow of the Colossus or you ‘re already very familiar with the game, there ‘s enough to see in the latest remake of Team Ico ‘s authoritative .
shadow of the Colossus is a religious successor to Ico and is followed by 2016 ‘s The last defender and it looks right at home on the PS4, complete with its glorious upgrades .
A traditional single-player venture, the actor is charged with finding and defeating 16 giant enemies. There are no other enemies in this bring, but it ‘s a great placement to explore and you ‘ll find the travel to each Colossi is precisely ampere rewarding as ultimately besting the beasts.
With few clues and fiddling in the way of exposition it can be a little pilfer, which is why we ‘ve put together this walkthrough and guide to discover and beating all 16 Colossi. We ‘ve besides included details of the PS4 Trophies and covered the secrets and unlocks you ‘ll receive for completing the game .
You have a option of controls and they ‘re not that unlike. For the function of this guide we chose the modern controls as they are a little less torment, but both employment evenly well :
And if you want to keep it erstwhile school, you can opt for the original controls and keep it authentic :
Read more: Best RTX 3070 Prebuilt Gaming PC In 2021
- Raise your sword by pressing R2 and a beam of light will highlight the general direction you should travel. Move the cursor and the narrower it becomes the more accurate the direction. Remember that it’s likely that the environment will not allow a direct route, so expect to travel around cliff edges, through valleys and around hills and rocks.
- You can’t just attack a Colossus, you need to stab its weak point. Almost all Colossi will have more than one weak point. If you can’t see the weak point glowing, raise your sword again and reflect light onto the Colossus to find it.
- You’ll have to climb a Colossus to get to its weak points. You can only grip on fur or the edges of armour or stone.
- To damage a Colossus as much as possible hold down the attack button for it to charge. Once the meter is full (at the outer edges of the circle) press it again to plunge your sword into the weak spot.
- A Colossus will try to throw you off so it’s important to do as much damage as possible and to know when to just hold on. It a Colossus is thrashing about, just keep gripping and ride it out before trying to attack again.
- If your attack on a weak point is no longer doing damage you need to look for the next weak spot.
- Colossi aren’t always aggressive and they won’t always want to fight you. Use your bow to get their attention whenever they wander off.
- You can kill the quick lizards that you’ll find dotted around the map (look for them at save points and rock formations) and eat their tails to regain some strength.
- You can eat fruit from trees buy first shooting it down and then pressing R1. It will help you regain some strength but more importantly you’ll earn a trophy
Each Colossus will have unique attacks and all require different strategies to defeat. Some are n’t flush that aggressive and alone react when provoked, and some can be defeated more with cunning than sheer aggression. here ‘s how to take them all down .
How to defeat all 16 Colossi
Secrets, unlocks, Trophies & rewards
There are enough of secrets to discover in Shadow of the Colossus once the game is complete. It deserves at least one more playthrough .