This evening Blizzard ’ randomness D2R team held their live chew the fat pour to talk more about some of the changes coming in Diablo 2 Resurrected patch 2.4. There ’ south a lot to take in so if you ’ rhenium light on clock, hera ’ s a recapitulate of everything that was discussed during the school term .
It ’ south apparent they are being ambitious with changes but besides very mindful that there ’ s a long-standing community of players that want to see changes in the heart of the original crippled. With that in mind, they are being cautious .
The PTR will in truth help the team understand what changes are working and what are not in this new chapter for the game. See the brief recapitulate notes below the video.
Update: Let us know what you think of the changes in our latest poll.
Diablo 2 Resurrected Patch 2.4 Dev Stream Recap Notes
- Ladders season will be 4 months.
- Once the season ends, Shared Stash will be added as a “withdraw only” tabs until the next reset.
- New runewords coming to ladders. New ones will be added every new season.
- Single-player and n0n-ladder players will get those runewords when a ladder concludes.
- PTR is coming, possibly with some template characters.
- They will be looming for PvP feedback also.
- The PTR will be live before 2.4 is fully released.
- Inner sight radius being increased
- Slow Missiles is being improved
- Improve the “lockout” of dodge, avoid, and evade
- Impale doesn’t rely on Attack Rating and slows on every hit.
- Fend faster within the animation
- Valkyrie casting delay reduced.
- Adjusted scaling (Damage, Mana cost) of Bow and Arrow skills
- Martial Arts will only consume one charge at a time
- Updating tooltips and duration consistency for Shadow Disciplines
- Lightning and Fire Traps are getting improvements in damage/syngeries
- Blade Skills getting a tuning pass
- Warcry improved at higher levels
- Improving Find Potion to incentivise more skill points
- Improving Leap (and Leap Attack)
- Berserk syngeries are changing
- Pierce Chance to Throwing skills
- Frenzy synergy with Increase Stamina
- Fire skills with improved physical scaling
- Arctic Blast has improved scaling, synergies, and targeting
- Shapeshift can cast elemental buffs
- Werewolf improved attack rating scaling
- Fire Claws will receive synergy updates
- Werebear receiving damage scaling
- Summons won’t have hidden randomized health values
- Ravens are being changed
- Wolves get more damage
- Spirit summons get physical resistance
- Spirit Wolves get Cold Damage on their melee
- Spirit Barb Thorns improved.
- Skeletal mages getting larger damage scaling
- Blood Golem and Fire Golem get damage scaling
- Iron Golem thorns improved
- Bone Skills receive scaling improvements
- Bone Armor damage absorb scaling improved
- Weaken skill receiving more damage scaling at higher skill points
- No improvements to summoning at the start of game.
- Holy Bolt pierces better synergy
- Fist of Heavens hold bolt pierces with less casting delays and improved controls
- Better scaling for offensive auras.Damage based on range to caster.
- Frost Nova improved
- Fire & Lightning skills improved with better synergies. This includes Inferno, Blaze, Hydra.
- Nova will have improved scaling
- Cold armors diversified.
- Thunderstorm changes are being developed now.
- All none Act 2 Mercs are being improved.
- New Runewods are being created with non-act 2 Mercs in mind.
- Act Mercs are not being nerfed.
- Act 1 Mercs with new ranged skills with AOE damage.
- Act 2 auras not difficulty-restricted
- Act 3 Mercs buffed
- Act 5 Get BattleCry with improved HP and Def
- Plague and Pattern runewords are being added for the ladder. They were in the game files but never used and are being tweaked from the original data. See below for the old stats which will be tweaked according to Blizzard.
3 Socket Weapon
3 Socket Weapon 25 % Chance to Cast Level 15 Poison Nova On Striking
20 % Chance to Cast Level 12 Lower Resist When Struck
Level 13-17 Cleansing Aura When Equipped ( varies )
+1-2 All Skills
+260-380 % damage to Demons ( varies )
-23 % To Enemy Poison Resistance
0.3 % ( 0-29.7 ) deadly Strike ( Based on Character Level )
Adds 5-30 Fire Damage
25 % chance of Open Wounds
Freezes Target +3
+10 to Strength
3 Socket Claw
10 % Bonus to Attack Rating
+40-80 % Enhanced damage
17-62 Added Fire Damage
+15 % Resist All
+6 to Strength
+6 to Dexterity
+30 % opportunity to block
+2 to mana after each kill
1-50 add Lightning damage
- New runewords that will complement some of the changes coming to the classes. They will be utilising unused runes which are not used much.
- Set item Updates – They will be changing a little and they will be updating underperforming set items. These include Bul Kathos’ Children for example. Do not think of these changes like Diablo 3 sets. It’s nothing like that.
- Zone Changes – Monster level updated to areas. Some areas are being updated, especially optional areas at higher levels. So monster levels will be changed in areas such as the Arachnid Lair. There’s more of an incentive to play in other areas.
- Durance of Hate area now requires smashing the Compelling Orb.
We know the clone is a pain to deal with. This is something we are actively looking to redesign it in a manner that it will bring it to a larger audience .
More character slots?
No plans at the consequence .
Get the game out is stage one, stage 2 is the PTR but we want to get it right and make the stream changes that make sense to the crippled .
What change are you most excited to see?
We have such an established meta but we ’ rhenium excited to see how it is when we shake it up.
Are you planning on new bosses or end-game content.
not at this clock time .
Any plans to buff items like two-handed swords or staves
This will depend on specific feedback .
More stash tabs?
3 temp hoard yellow journalism at the end of the ladder but as of right now there ’ south nothing been done about hoard tabs .
Shareable ignore list?
They are putting a great sum of feat to ending spambots and spam in channels but not a list that can be shared out .
Will these changes affect classic mode?
Some of them will and so the rebalancing of abilities in the Assassin won ’ t but they are changing how the Sorceress works in at least things that do exist .
not planned right now ?
Change sot crafting?
nothing is planned at the here and now but it is possible. There are new Cube recipes. You can end up upgrading tiers with set items .
Stacking runes, gems etc.
No, they won ’ metric ton allow that. Can you stash them in a especial hoard check ? It ’ south in discussion .
not a themoment, it would have to be done right and it ’ s slippery getting that right .
The PTR will be the test but they are keeping a close center on it .
Any bugs you are currently looking at fixing?
chiefly gameplay bugs.
The loading screen is always something they are trying to improve. But variables such as hardware comes into play. Hopefully you ’ ll seee less of it but it ’ s a constant effort to balance .
No, it won ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate be on BattleNet .
Console players will have to wait a little longer for any details on console changes but they will announce things in due course .