related : New World : Engineering Level Guide
New World has a robust craft and harvest system that means getting your hands on good gems will require skills in early areas. This guidebook covers every gem in New World, how to get them, and how to make the most of them on your weapons and armor.
Reading: New World Gem Guide
How To Find Gems In New World
Gems are found in a few unlike ways. There are two keystone methods to getting lots of gems early on : increase your mine skill ( and improve your mining luck ) and grow the first expedition, the Amrine Temple .
THEGAMER VIDEO OF THE DAY
- Gems have a chance to drop when you mine any ore, that is, Iron, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Starmetal, and Orichalcum.
- Farming the Amrine Temple Expedition is a great way to get lots of gems from around level 23 onwards. It’s worth running through the dungeon at least a couple of times. This is a good method even if you’re a high level. It’s easy to run and new players will always receive two keys by playing the game – just wait for that LFG to appear in the chat.
You can improve your mining fortune by equipping a Miner ‘s Charm, crafting a pick with an increased luck luck, or consuming luck meals. Some early on game mining luck food includes :
- Roasted Potatoes – 1 x Peppercorn, 1 x Butter, 1 x Potato.
- Herb-Roasted Potatoes – 1 x Cinnamon, 1 x Butter, 1 x Honey, 1 x Potato.
These provide mining fortune buffs between 24-30 minutes. Head out on your Iron ore mine road, or your silver ore mining path, and get hunting for gems .
relate : New World : Crafting Guide
Refining Your Gemstones
Before they can be attached to your gearing, you need to refine the gems at the Stonecutting board. thankfully, you can do this from level 0 in Stonecutting, although you will need a higher level to access higher-tier gems .
- To craft a Cut gemstone you will need a single Raw Gemstone and a corresponding essence mote. This could be earth, fire, air, etc.
- Motes are collected via certain plants available at level 50 harvesting, or via ore veins that require level 50 in mining. You might also stumble across a few rare creature spawns (like the Life Moth) or find motes inside Alchemy chests.
There are four tiers of Gemstones in New World : Flawed Cut Gemstone (zero skill requirements), Cut Gemstone (50 skill), Cut Brilliant Gemstone (100 skill), and Cut Pristine Gemstone (150 skill.)
You can find out more in our complete Jewelcrafting guide .
How To Attach Gemstones In New World
Attaching Gemstones to your items is super easy. You just need to drag a Cut Gemstone onto the slot in your gear via your character inventory page .
however, there are some rules that apply to weapon gems. If you ca n’t attach a gem to a weapon, here ‘s why .
- If your weapon has a Void Chain attack, for example, you need to match it with the appropriate gem.
- You cannot attach a Gem that does not meet the damage type currently on the weapon.
- Keep this in mind when purchasing weapons and gems.
|Gem||Weapon Trait Pairing|
|Amber||If your weapon has a Nature trait, you can only attach an Amber gem. Scales with FOCUS.|
|Amethyst||If your weapon has a Void trait, you can only attach an Amethyst gem. Scales with INTELLIGENCE.|
|Aquamarine||If your weapon has an Ice trait, you can only attach an Aquamarine. Scales with INTELLIGENCE.|
|Ruby||If your weapon has a Fire trait, you can only attach a Ruby. Scales with INTELLIGENCE.|
|Sapphire||If your weapon has an Arcane trait, you can only attach a Saphhire. Scales with INTELLIGENCE.|
|Topaz||If your weapon has a Lightning trait, you can only attach a Topaz. Scales with INTELLIGENCE.|
Note: Gemstones will be destroyed if you try and replace them with another stone. You can not take a gem off an item when you have attached it .
Every Type Of Gemstone In New World And What They’re Good For
There are a assortment of different Gemstones in New World and they all have different uses. This could be changing weapon damage to a different type, adding extra perks, or providing a taunt. We have added the match weapon scaling damage to each of these gems. Gems apply a different effect on armor and weapons, so make surely you ‘re reading the tooltip correctly to get the best use out of the gem. We ‘ve included the different traits of the gems below .
- Carnelian Gems – These can either be Taunt gems or Calm gems. Taunt is ideal for tanks as it will apply to certain skills with the Great Axe and Sword. You will need these gems if you want to be a successful tank. Applied to armor will cause “Calm”, which is useful for Supports.
- Amber – Changes some of your weapon damage to the Nature variant. Alternatively, can be used to reduce incoming Nature damage on your armor. Scales with FOCUS.
- Amethyst – Changes some of your weapon damage to Void, or provides damage resistance against Void damage on your armor. Scales with INTELLIGENCE.
- Aquamarine – Adds Ice damage to your weapon or Ice damage resistance to armor. INTELLIGENCE.
- Diamond – When placed on a weapon, it increases your damage and healing while at full health. On armor, it provides physical damage absorption and Elemental damage resistance.
- Emerald – Increased damage against opponents with low health (less than 30 percent), or provides Thrust damage resistance on armor.
- Jasper – Increased damage after you receive three hits in a row, or when placed on armor, increased Strike damage resistance.
- Malachite – Improves your damage against enemies impacted by CC (this is great on the War Hammer, by the way), and on armor, reduces incoming Elemental damage and increases physical resistance.
- Moonstone – Increases damage when you are below 30 percent health, or reduces incoming Slash damage.
- Onyx – Increases damage against enemies at full health, or increases physical damage resistance.
- Opal – Increases damage when you have a low stamina bar, or increases Elemental damage absorption.
- Ruby – Some of your weapon damage is converted to Fire or increases Fire damage absorption when used on armor. INTELLIGENCE.
- Sapphire – Some of your weapon damage is converted to Arcane, or provides increased resistance against incoming Arcane damage. INTELLIGENCE.
- Topaz – Converts some of your weapon damage to Lighting, or increases damage resistance against Lightning damage. INTELLIGENCE.
You will need these gems to refine your builds .
hera ‘s a count at a few of our build up guides in New World :
next : New World : complete Guide And Walkthrough
Make Kate Bishop Gay, You Cowards
With Hailee Steinfeld involved, it ‘s inevitable
About The Author
( 385 Articles Published )
Read more: Night Market – Stardew Valley Wiki
Harry Alston is a writer based in the UK. He was once numeral one in the world on Call of duty : Black Ops and now spends his days chasing that past glory .
From Harry Alston