Table of Content:
1. Dojutsu – The Power of The Eyes
2. The Great Three Dojutsu
2.4. Mangekyo Sharingan
2.6. Rinne Sharingan
3. What Is Boruto Eye Power?
1. Dojutsu – The Power of The Eyes
sol ahead going into Boruto eye exponent, it would be a beneficial estimate to recap what we have known about these extra Dojutsu .
Dojutsu ( 瞳術 ) literally means Eye Techniques, referring to ninja techniques and abilities which are unique alone to a particular special eye. These alone eyes can not be learned by any other hateful, besides inheriting them from specific lineage ( Kekkei Gekkai ). The Dojutsu user normally gains fantastic power and superior advantage over normal ninja. specially, the user can use assorted abilities which are alone available for that detail center. Those eye techniques are of run, besides enormously potent in their own ways .
There are lots of Dojutsu featured in Naruto Universe, but here we would to cover the most long-familiar eyes lone, specfically the Three Great Dojutsu ( 三大瞳術 ) : Byakugan, Sharingan, and Rinnegan .
2. The Three Great Dojutsu
Byakugan ( 白眼 ), or White Eye, is one of the Three Great Dojutsu and naturally, it possesses awful exponent, despite not being as obviously destructive as other eyes. This eye is besides referred as the All-Seeing White Eye since it allows user to have closely 360-degree sight. so far, lone Hyuga and Otsutsuki kin possess this Dojutsu, inherited directly from Kaguya Otsutsuki herself .
The center is very unique since it always appears as a white, feature-less eye. merely when activated, the schoolchild will appear, along with the bellied veins near the eye .
Byakugan exploiter gains two abilities : having near-360-degree vision and being able to see the Chakra flow of other people. The vision ability gives the users like Hyuga kin members great advantage as they can aware about everything surrounds them. Combining with their special Gentle Fist techniques, they are dangerous to fight specially one-on-one as they can disable the opponent’s Chakra flow, making them ineffective to perform any Chakra-based Ninjutsu. The entirely helplessness about the eye is that it can alone provide near 360-degree vision, which means there is a particular blind spot located at their neck .
Since Byakugan allows seeing the adversary ’ sulfur Chakra Pathway System, the Hyuga kin created Gentle Fist combat techniques which largely focus on disabling opposition ’ south ability to use Chakra. The two most coarse techniques we see in zanzibar copal are :
- Eight Trigrams Palm Rotation: The user unleashes a vast amount of Chakra and rapidly rotates it around them, forming a Chakra shield deflecting any sort of attacks. This is also considered as the Ultimate Defense… until Gaara coming along.
- Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms: The user unleashes a devastating 64-hit combo which precisely disables 64 Chakra points on the opponent’s body. Getting hit by full combo does not only disable the Chakra usage, but also renders the target useless.
later in Naruto Shippuden, Hinata created a new proficiency of her own called Twin Lion Fist. This proficiency forms a duplicate defender leo heads on her two arms. Opponents get hit by the lion head will have their Chakra drained importantly .
This eye has entirely featured in The Last Naruto The Movie, originally possessed by Hamura Otsutsuki, and later on inherited by his descendants on the Moon .
Tenseigan ( 転生眼 ), or Reincarnation Eye, often recognized through its blue sky pupils and floral traffic pattern. Frankly speak, there is not a lot to be known about the eye, except that it is a special Dojutsu owned by Hamura Otsutsuki. By using the eye ’ south power, Hamura brought peace to his people and late on, his descendants consider his eyes as sacred treasure. In The last Naruto The Movie, we see Toneri Otsutsuki implanted Byakugan from Hinabi Hyuga and awoken the Tenseigan. He planned to use this eye ability to bring “ salvation ” for world on Earth. unfortunately for him, Naruto and Hinata defeated him while his eyes change back to Byakugan .
overall, it seems Tenseigan possesses the might alike to Naruto ’ s Six Paths Sage Mode, except that the user emits a green aura alternatively of Naruto ’ s orange aura. In addition, Tenseigan besides has the kinetic power, similar to one of Rinnegan ’ sulfur .
Okay, this one is a pretty complicated Dojutsu since it has tons of versions and abilities. But let ’ s try on to recap, shall we ?
Sharingan ( 写輪眼 ), or Mirror Wheel Eye, is an unique Dojutsu belongs only to the Uchiha kin. It has distinct crimson color with black schoolchild and three comma-like marks called tomoe surround it. This center is a inheritance from Kaguya, and then her grandson Indra Otsutsuki .
honestly speak, every Naruto fans decidedly know this potent Dojutsu. This eye is enormously potent, yet it is besides the curse of Uchiha kin. The rationality is : It can only be activated through hard affectional site which allows the mind to release a special Chakra. This Chakra affects the ocular heart and wholly changes the eye ’ randomness appearance. unfortunately, in the world of Naruto, such emotional situations are frequently about loss and hatred. not to mention that the Uchiha kin is emotional and empathic, even they are besides easy to be emotionally trigger via bad situations .
Of course, in commute for the alleged “ Curse of Uchiha ”, Sharingan besides grants them incredible power, typically :
- The Sharingan user can see Chakra, yet not as details as Byukagan. And especially, the user can clearly see the opponent’s movements and even copy them (hence the name Copy Wheel Eye). The copying ability doesn’t just limit within body movements, it can also copy other Chakra-based Ninjutsu perfectly. The prominent example for this is Kakashi Hatake who revered as Kakashi of the Sharingan.
- Sharingan’s copy ability is fearsome, but what makes it more interesting is its special Genjutsu We know Genjutsu can put the opponent falling into illusion. But the Genjutsu from Sharingan is even more powerful as it makes illusions feel extremely real, so real that even opponents can’t realize that they are already in illusion. The best example is probably Itachi Uchiha who usually uses Genjutsu Sharingan techniques. Most of the time, his opponents already fall due to his illusion before they can realize what’s happening.
Talking about Genjutsu, there are two brawny techniques which we have only seen them being used once : Izanagi and Izanami .
- Izanagi is an insane ability which allows users to bend reality for a short while. They can change illusion into reality and vice-versa, thus believe to be able to change destiny. But in exchange for such absurd power, the user will lose one of his Sharingan. During the battle between Danzo Shimura and Sasuke, Danzo escaped death numerous times thanks to Izanagi and tons of Sharingan implanted on his arm.
- Since Izanagi is so… absurd, a technique called Izanami was created to prevent Izanagi from being abused. As Itachi explained, this technique put the opponent in an absolute illusion of looping events, regardless of their senses. Once being captured by the power, the target will have no choice but to take a look back at himself and realize his faults. If not, the illusion will keep continuing for eternity. Then again similar to Izanagi, the user also lost one of his Sharangan after using Izanami.
2.4. Mangekyo Sharingan
This eye is the demand reason why Sharingan is more complicated than other Dojutsu. In short-change, Mangekyo Sharingan ( or Kaleidoscope Copy Wheel Eye ) is an upgrade version of Sharingan. It can only be awoken when the Sharingan users witness the loss of their beloved person ( The more reason why Uchiha kin deemed as “ cursed ” ) .
The reason why it gets complicated is because each Mangekyo Sharingan drug user has a discrete eye appearance, although all share a similar black and bolshevik tinge, and the form resemble pinwheel. In addition, besides their common abilities, certain users possess wholly unique abilities ( which we will mention below ) .
Mangekyo Sharingan Power
Besides the original Sharingan office, this upgrade version provides a whole newly mighty Ninjutsu arsenal. The most common known abilities are :
- Amaterasu: It unleashes pitch-black flame which consumes everything on its path and controlled by user’s vision. This flame cannot be extinguished by any means, except by its user.
- Susanoo: Probably this is the “hottest ability” in Naruto Universe, besides Naruto’s Kurama Form. It creates a powerful humanoid construct surrounds the user. This construct has certain stages and in its final stage, it resembles a full humanoid being with tengu-like features. Each Susanoo Form also possesses unique power. Sasuke, Itachi, and Madara Uchiha are the most prominent examples, especially Madara who has a ridiculous enormous and powerful Perfect Susanoo.
Besides these two common abilities, there other unique abilities such as :
- Kamui: It opens a pocket dimension which only the user can transport in or out. So far, Kakashi and Obito Uchiha are the only known Shinobi to be able to use Kamui. Their Kamui dimensions are also connected since both possessed each eye of a same pair.
- Tsukuyomi: This is the ultimate Genjutsu Sharingan which can modify the sense of time. It traps the target inside a powerful illusion. The pain caused in this illusion is so real, just like in reality (No wonder why Itachi often uses Tsukuyomi as a form of torture).
- Kotoamatsukami: This Genjutsu is unique to Shisui Uchiha which allows him to mind-control the enemy. It is an extremely powerful Genjutsu that even victims don’t even release they are being controlled. Kotoamatsukami can be considered as the strongest Genjutsu Sharingan to date. But as Itachi implied, it has to wait at least a decade to be able to use again.
- Tengai Shinsei: During the Fourth Shinobi World War, we saw numerous crazy techniques. But, how about summoning a falling meteorite? Yup, this is an unique ability used by Uchiha Madara, and later on Sasuke. Not much to say about this technique since it is already ridiculous by itself. It is even more ridiculous when Madara could summon tons of meteorites from the sky.
- Object Manipulation Technique: This is a new Sharingan technique featured in Boruto Naruto Next Generations It is used by Shin Uchiha, which allows him to freely control any object sealed by him.
Read more: Demon’s Souls Builds: Gloom Knight (PvE)
Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan
Mangekyo Sharingan sounds cool, but it besides comes with a weakness : The more it is used, the more blurry the eye will become. And at a certain limit, the exploiter will be blind and the center can ’ triiodothyronine be used anymore. however, there is a “ commodious ” wind : If an drug user gets transplanted with another Mangekyo Sharingan from the person close to him, preferably siblings, he will gain Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan .
endless Mangakyo Sharingan retains all the exponent of the original Mangekyo Sharingan and it can be used freely without suffering from the blind risk. Up to this bespeak, the only people who got Eternal Mangakyo Sharingan are Sasuke and Madara Uchiha .
Rinnegan ( 輪廻眼 ), or Samsara Eye, is the final set of the Three Great Dojutsu which said to be alone bestowed on world during the chaotic times. The caption refers it like the eye of idol with power to change the world. It has distinct appearance with purple discolor, along with a little bootleg pupil and 6 black circles around it. Each encircle is said to refer to each of the Six Paths .
The center comes from Kaguya ’ s Rinne Sharingan and achieved by her son Hagoromo Otsutsuki. With the power of Rinnegan, Hagoromo forever changed the world and made basis for the Shinobi world. He is referred as the sage of Six Paths and his Rinnegan became a region of his caption. In holy order to gain Rinnegan, a person needs to have Harogomo ’ s Chakra via combining his two sons ’ Chakra – Indra and Asura, or gaining Chakra from Harogomo himself. The first person who inherited Rinnegan was Madara – an Indra ’ second descendant, who successfully infused himself with Hashirama Senju ’ s cells – an Asura ’ s descendant .
Sasuke is a extra lawsuit as he can awaken Rinnegan by receiving half of Hagoromo ’ s Chakra. His Rinnegan besides has singular feature of speech with 6 tomoes on the 2 inmost circles of the eye .
As the eye representing the Six Paths, Rinnegan possesses these six powers :
- Animal Path: Animals summoning.
- Asura Path: Weaponizing the body into mechanical arsenal.
- Deva Path: Kinetic and gravity control, including 3 most powerful techniques: Bansho Ten’in – Attractive force, Shinra Tensei – Repulsive force, and Chibaku Tensei – Summoning a powerful gravity black orb which pulls everything to it.
- Human Path: Reading mind and extracting soul.
- Preta Path: Absorbing Chakra
- Naraka Path: Summoning the King of Hell who can restore a damaged body or take soul from liars.
In accession to the Six Paths abilities, there is an extra Outer Path which allows drug user to revive the dead ( Fully revive, not merely “ half-assed ” come to like the Impure World Reincarnation technique ), remove Chakra, and summon the Chakra Chains .
Besides these “ standard ” powers, there are several unique abilities as follow :
- Limbo: This ability used by Madara to create his shadows in the world of Limbo. These shadows also exist in physical world and can act independently. They cannot be detected by any means, except for Sasuke who can see the shadows via his Rinnegan. Naruto can also “sense” the shadows but he can’t see them like Sasuke.
- Amenotejikara: An unique ability of Sasuke which allows him to exchange position between himself and an object (including living beings) within a certain range.
2.6. Rinne Sharingan
Rinne Sharingan ( 輪廻写輪眼 ), or Saṃsara Copy Wheel Eye, is the original Dojutsu of all, awoken by Kaguya Ōtsutsuki as her third eye. It has a clear-cut appearance resembling red Sharingan with 3 circles around the pupil. Each circle besides has 3 tomoes on it, which make up for 9 tomoes in entire .
The center besides called as Tsuki no Me ( 月の眼 ), or Eye of the Moon in japanese. According to the legend, those who possess Rinne Sharingan can reflect the moon and open the way to infinite dream. Madara proved this caption to be true as he successfully gained this center and put the wholly earth in dream with the Infinite Tsukuyomi, except for Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi, and Sasuke thanks to his Susanoo .
Besides performing Infinite Tsukuyomi, both Madara and Kaguya can manipulate the God Tree to get and absorb Chakra from people. Another alone ability is Amenominaka, used by Kaguya to “transport” people into her created dimensions, from the worldly concern of burning lava, the cold universe of ice, to the world of extreme gravity. As Kakashi explained, this ability requires an harebrained total of Chakra. meanwhile, we can see Kaguya easily transport herself and team 7 into respective dimensions with no problem, which pretty tells us how madly herculean she is .
indeed with all these “ main ” Dojutsu recapped, let ’ s get into the newest Dojutsu and probably the most matter to one to date : Jougan .
3. What Is Boruto Eye Power?
indeed far, not much has been revealed about Boruto ’ s Dojutsu origin and true power. We have only seen a fracture of its exponent and at this time, Boruto hush has not gained full control over it. Its official name hasn ’ t been announced so far. But according to a painting drawing Boruto cleaning his correct eye, it has a caption which translated as Jougan ( or Pure Eye ). therefore, let us use that name for the time being .
Jougan is awoken from his correct eye with black sclera and light-blue schoolchild. If looking up close, it besides seems to have white aura surrounding the pupil. At the beginning of Boruto anime, we can see Boruto already has full control condition over the eye. Returning to his younger senesce, we get to see the first prison term he awoken the eye and has glimpse of its baron :
- First, it grants Boruto the power to sense and see Chakra, especially the dangerous one. This ability is self-activated, probably because Boruto hasn’t gained control over it yet.
- Second, it allows Boruto to see the Chakra Pathway System, similar to that of Byakugan. It even has an additional advantage over Byakugan since Boruto can also spot the vital Chakra point.
- Finally (for now), Boruto can see the invisible barrier connecting different dimensions. He can also seem to be able to influence the dimensional portal, as seen from his encounter with his classmate Sumire Kakei.
Quite a powerful set of office indeed ! But let ’ s remind us all that these are just the beginnings and we can expect a distribute more in the future. But for now, the question is :
What is this eye and where did it come from?
According to the episode 8 of Boruto zanzibar copal, we have seen the return of Toneri from The last Naruto The Movie. We saw Toneri sending Boruto messages and he said the comply : “ Your eye is a star of hope. The world power of hope slumbers deep within you… against destruction that will finally come to pass. ”
now, let ’ s put the “ cliché ” of a destine hero child aside, but preferably, focus on Toneri ’ mho words. He said that Boruto possesses the Star of Hope, which highly referring to Boruto ’ s right center. He himself besides mentioned that eye as Jougan, which means “ Pure Eye ”. Based on this data and Toneri ’ s origin, some people suspect that Jougan is a Dojutsu in Byakugan – Tenseigan line. Some besides think that it is Toneri who gave Boruto the eye but for nowadays, we don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate think that is the case .
The Eye of Purification?
From our personal position, we still believe that Boruto ’ second Jougan is related to the Otsutsuki kin. But Toneri is not the matchless who gave Boruto eye ; preferably, Boruto already inherited the eye in the first topographic point. The eye seems to be the manifestation from Hinata and Naruto’s Chakra. now, it may sound unrelated at first but let ’ s look at their pedigree :
- In Naruto The Last, Hinata Hyuga (or Hinata Uzumaki since she married Naruto) is referred as Byakugan Princess and she directly received Chakra from Hamura Otsutsuki – twin brother of Hagoromo Otsutsuki. Thanks to this power, she and Naruto was able to disable Toneri’s Tenseigan.
- Naruto received Hagoromo’s Chakra from the Fourth Shinobi World War and naturally, his son should also inherit this Chakra.
This is strictly speculation but let ’ s think about it : At the beginning of Shinobi history, both Hagoromo and Hamura combined lastingness in order to seal away their “ evil mother ”. Doesn ’ metric ton this sound like “ purify ” ? And what does sound like “ purify ” ? It ’ s the Pure Eye ! Back to Boruto ’ randomness case, it was his Jougan which spotted Nue ’ s Dark Chakra in the first rate. This Dark Chakra fed on human ’ s negative emotion and what did Boruto do for its victims ? He brought them back to convention, or in another parole : “ purified ” them !
Its name and office actually do make sense in this case since we know that Hagoromo and Hamura sealed their own mother. And it seems the power of this seal is passed onto Boruto – son of Hinata and Naruto, both inherited the Chakra of Hamura and Hagoromo and their will .
Besides this hint, there are 2 more things made us come up with this theory :
- First, Toneri is the one who told Boruto about the eye and his destiny. And who’s Toneri? He is the descendant of Otsutsuki clan and in Naruto The Last, Toneri wished to “cleanse” the humanity. Is it coincidence for such a man to tell Boruto about his great destiny? We think not.
- Second, we believe Chakra is a natural force, but on the hand of man, it can be twisted. Originally, Kaguya was the first one discovered Chakra. She used this enormous power to bring peace, yet gradually she is consumed by greed and power. In other words, she became more “evil”. But at the same time, Chakra can be used for good, typically in the case of her twin sons Hagoromo and Hamura: they sealed their mother’s “evil”. They themselves represented the good side of Chakra and how it can help humanity. Therefore, we think the Pure Eye – Jougan is a form of pure Chakra – the good Chakra which supports humanity. This can explain why the eye can detect the Dark Chakra from Nue.
With all these evidences, it seems Jougan represents the pure Chakra originated from Hagoromo and Hamura’s combined power. Boruto inherited Jougan because of his lineage from Hinata and Naruto, not because Toneri or person cryptically gave him the center. What about the destiny which Toneri mentioned for Boruto ? It means Boruto is destined to help the world and prevent it falling to the darkness. His eye is his hateful to purify the darkness which threatening the universe.
Read more: Control: Punch Card Puzzle Solution
But hey, that ’ s just our personal meditation ? What about you ? What do you think about Boruto eye office ? Feel free to share with us and for now, thank you and stay tune for more news in the future !
You may also like: