If you want to know how to become white werewolf check out our latest ESO guide: White Werewolf
UPDATE : We ’ ve added Exact the Rift locations and a video lead
Becoming a Werewolf
There are two ways of getting infected :
- Find rare monster spawns in Reaper’s March, Bangkorai, or The Rift.
In order to become a werewolf you need to get Sanies Lupinus disease, which you get if you get hit by rare Warewolfs that spawn only at certain spots, in certain zones and at a certain time. They spawn in level 37-44 zones of each faction, which means they spawn in Bangkorai, the Rift and Reaper’s March. They only spawn at night, during the full moon (or so is rumored). Once you become infected you should go to a nearby wayshrine where you’ll get to start the quest Hircine’s Gift. This is a level 38 quest that once completed grants you the Werewolf skill line.
- You get infected by a fellow player.
Your friend, who is already a werewolf, and has leveled the skill line enough to gain the passive “Bloodmoon” ability (you need lvl 6 in werewolf skill line), can transform you into werewolf only in front of the werewolf ritual site/shrine. After that you should be able to start the quest Hircine’s Gift, at the ritual shrine by clicking on the glowing scroll. “Bloodmoon” ability has a 7 day cool down. There are also people selling werewolf bites in these lands, but be careful because you can’t really tell if the person’s cooldown is available or not.
The relevant areas and the infection bay for gaining the skill line, are desirable for characters around or above level 38. You can get infected at any level, but your ability to complete the quest before flat 38 will be pretty questionable, although there are reports of people finishing the quest angstrom early as level 20 .
Werewolf spawn locations
Werewolves and Vampires share the same spawn areas ( not the like placement ) and depending on the moon phase one or the other will spawn. During the full moonlight werewolves will be extinct. It is rumored that this phase seems to last 1.5 real number days, and the phase repeats every 8 days .
Read more: Top 10 Coolest Looking Pokemon
How to Cure Lycanthropy?
You can cure Lycanthropy. You just need to visit the like NPC that started the werewolf quest and she will tell you that rather of going to Hircine, you should visit NPC in a nearby town who will remove the disease for a price. It is important to know that if you ever decide to become a werewolf again you will not start as a brand new werewolf but you will continue from whatever level you reached in the werewolf skill argumentation before you got cured .
Read more: Top 10 Coolest Looking Pokemon
Werewolf Skills & Abilities
After completing Hircine ’ s Gift quest, you ’ ll gain access to a particular skill pipeline, found under World Skills pill. The skills can be used while you are transformed into werewolf.
|Werewolf Transformation||Ultimate||Transforms you into a werewolf and causes nearby enemies to run in fear. Increases stamina, armor and run speed.|
|Pounce||Active||Player leaps to target dealing physical damage and stunning off-balance targets.|
|Roar||Active||Unleashes a beastly roar causes fear, disorientation and off-balance to 3 nearby enemies for 3.5 seconds, within 6 meters.|
|Pursuit||Passive||Increases stamina by 10%.|
|Blood Rage||Passive||Generates 2 Ultimate by taking damage in humanoid form.|
|Devour||Passive||Devours humanoid corpses to earn more time in werewolf form.|
|Bloodmoon||Passive||Allows player to turn another player into a Werewolf once every 7 days by returning to the werewolf ritual site. Turned players earn the werewolf skill line.Players infrcted with vampirism cannot be turned.|
|Savage Strength||Passive||Increases max stamina by 5% for each kill. effect stacks up to five times.|
|Call of the Pack||Passive||Allows allies to remain in werewolf form for 3% longer. Affects up to five targets and stacks up to five times.|
Advantages & Disadvantages
- The increase in stamina, armor, speed and attack damage are the main werewolf’s benefits. Morphed transformation makes these bonuses even better.
- Transformation into a deadly beast is breathtaking.
- You can be a member of Fighters Guild and also be a werewolf
- You have a lot of roleplaying opportunities
- Werewolves must transform to use special skills. Transforming into a werewolf requires your Ultimate slot and a lot of stamina
- Werewolf’s biggest threat comes from members of the Fighters Guild, since their abilities apply extra effects to undead and Daedric creatures (and with a passive to werewolves as well).
- As a werewolf you have a weakness to poison damage – 50% more poison damage taken, even when not in Werewolf form. Poison-based archers can quickly defeat you in PvP.
- You get no bonuses while you’re in humanoid form
- Choosing the Werewolf skill line is not a good choice for magicka based characters
- Transformation into Werewolf can be your disadvantage in PvP battles, since it takes unreasonably long time, and makes you lose all your CC/healing/snaring abilities.
Before you decide to become a werewolf, you should read this post written by Ace_SiN. We listed merely a few bugs, but it seams that werewolves need more shining .
- Werewolves are NOT affected by an allies buffs
- Your ultimate bar will fill up, and then if you don’t continue killing things, after a very short time it will completely reset itself to 0
- Your Ultimate bar will reset if you go into or out of a place that requires a load screen, during an npc conversation
- Pounce can cause your character to get stuck in a kneeling position. The only way to fix it is by wasting a potion or some food.
- Roar is unresponsive. In the middle of combat it takes about 2-3 seconds before you roar. This makes interrupting an opponents skills with it near impossible.