Welcome to Chambered Assault ! This is a low Life Heavy-Gunner Legendary Power Armor build usher for low and high level players. While absolutely available at high health, I like to swap about seamlessly between my Bloodied Bludger build and this one for boss fights. Thanks to Adrenal Reaction, we distillery do more price at broken life whether or not we ’ re using Bloodied .
If you have the decline weapon, this build is capable of soloing the Scorchbeast Queen or Wendigo Colossus. You don ’ t need a bequest weapon to solo these bosses before the meter limit expires, but it will be slower with non-legacy weapons .
This build up is medium-maintenance. Ammo is the most expensive aspect, but we have lots of perks and tools to help out with that. coalition Cores are quite ample in the former game, and Power Armor takes constantly to degrade even without Power Patcher. You ’ ll besides need to repair your gun from time to meter.
- Bear Arms, Bullet Shield, or Power Train
-Bear Arms ‘frees up’ a third mod on a Legendary Heavy Gun.
- We only require 9 points in Strength for the Heavy Gunner perks. Move points elsewhere if you want.
- You can add some VATS cards if you want to use VATS.
- Otherwise, Glow Site, Picklock, or Exterminator cards are useful.
- Fireproof for defenses
- Radicool can be nice for +50 carry capacity (since it adds 5 extra Strength with enough rads)
- Suppressor/Hard Bargain aren’t necessary, but I wanted at least 9 Charisma points so I could share a Level-3 card. Spend points elsewhere if you want.
- Eventually buy the Hacker cards so you can hack terminals. We have enough points here to use any crafting card.
- If you find an Explosive heavy gun, Demolition Expert will boost that damage
- Dodgy if you feel like you need more defenses, but you’ll always have 0 AP
- Born Survivor will make you nearly immortal but will also disintegrate your Stimpak supply
Listed in order of importance for acquiring and upgrade .
- Non-Legendary Weapons
- 50 cal Machine Gun, Gatling Gun, Gatling Laser, Gatling Plasma, Harpoon Gun, Light Machine Gun, Minigun, Ultracite Gatling Laser
- Legendary Weapons (to get you started)
- 1 star: Anti-armor, Bloodied, Furious (without explosive), Two Shot, Aristocrats
- 2 star: Faster fire rate, Increased damage while aiming, Explosive, Increased damage while standing still
- 3 star: Faster reload, weight reduced, damage resist while aiming
- Gauss Miniguns
For non-legacy weapons, Anti-Armor seems to be the most desirable. ferocious is good without explosive, and two-shot is always good. Bloodied seems to perform the worst in my experience, but it ’ s distillery manner better than no fabled. Aristocrats is a 50 % damage boost if you have 29,000 or more caps. There ’ mho all kinds of combinations that are firm that aren ’ triiodothyronine listed here – these are suggestions .
You ’ ll still do lots of damage without a fabled weapon .
Obtaining a Gauss Minigun
Every Gauss Minigun already has the Explosive consequence, effectively giving you up to a 4 mod Legendary weapon .
To unlock Gauss Miniguns, you must max your repute with the Raiders. The Gauss Minigun plan is then bought with Gold Bullion and crafted with the common craft materials american samoa well as fabled Modules bought with Legendary Scrip from Purveyor Murmrgh. Your gunman will become legendary with random effects. The Gauss Minigun and its plans are untradeable .
besides : Move some fringe benefit points around to fit Demolition Expert in for lend damage with explosive weapons. It ’ s up to you if it ’ s worth the 5 perk up points or not .
department of defense numbers with a fully set and other notes :
- Excavator Power Armor: The most useful feature is its +100 carry capacity bonus. Perfect if you hoard.
- X-01/Ultracite: Most people will be happy stopping here. No crafting required to obtain these.
- T-65: This is probably the strongest Power Armor in the game, but it’s one heck of a grind to unlock.
- Chest: Emergency Protocols. Vital for the build. Huge damage mitigation.
- Head: Internal database. +2 intelligence, completely offsets a mutation drawback. Low priority.
- Arms: Optimized Bracers. Reduces AP cost for power attacks.
- Legs: Calibrated Shocks. Adds +100 carry capacity. Sometimes this mod is glitched and doesn’t work…
Also consider… Kinetic Servos (increased AP regen when moving) or Optimized Servos (reduced AP cost while sprinting). Mix and match if you want.
- T-65 can only be bought with Gold Bullion. You obtain Gold Bullion from events, Scoreboard, or trading 40 Treasury Notes for 400 Bullion per day at vending machines in Crater or Foundation.
- You need 6,900 total Gold Bullion to buy the plans for T-65. That might take 18 days! With mods, you might be nearing the 10,000 Gold Bullion cost. 25 days!
- Between Excavator and T-65, we’re talking single-digit damage reduction for PvE play. That doesn’t sound like a lot, but when you’re running on ~80 health, reducing hits from 4 damage to 1 damage is very strong. T-65 is well worth it. If you dislike time-gated grinds, X-01/Ultracite is just fine.
Legendary Power Armor
- DO NOT USE: Dissipating. It heals your rads.
+1 Agility gives you more AP, but defenses might be more desirable. Besides Dissipating there ’ s not truly a useless mod for us .
legendary Power Armor is crafted with fabled Cores ( dropped from events and Daily Ops ) and legendary Modules ( bought from Purveyor Murmrgh with Legendary scrip ) .
- The important ones:
- Adrenal Reaction, Grounded, Scaly Skin, Healing Factor
-Drop Grounded if you want maximum damage with energy guns including the Gauss Minigun
- The less important ones:
- Carnivore, Marsupial, Speed Demon, Herd Mentality
- Electrically Charged, Unstable Isotope, Plague Walker, Bird Bones, or anything that doesn’t touch your gun’s damage.
Since we exist at low life for maximum wrong, we are at changeless risk of dying. fortunately, you ’ ll have lots of defenses .
- Nerd Rage and Emergency Protocols. These effects stack. Both give you damage resist when under 20% health, meaning your incoming damage is reduced by a combined 70%! Sort of (diminishing returns and all that…). You also get a damage and speed boost.
BUT WAIT! With T-51 or T-65, I get 42 % wrong resist, right ? Is that over 100 % Damage Resist ? ! ? ! ? !
-no. that mathematics is beyond this guide
- Legendary Power Armor. Provides huge damage resistances but there’s massively diminishing returns when you start piling on the resist numbers.
- Funky Duds. This is a Legendary Perk that gives you up to +200 poison resistance when wearing a full, matching set of armor. This works with power armor! Which is good because our only option for poison resist is Funky Duds, a magazine, and Legendary Power Armor mods, now offering a total of 335. WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?!?! Poison has been the bane of Bloodied builds for a long time. Funky Duds solves a lot of this problem. You’re going to feel the difference against Mirelurks, bugs, and the Daily Ops Poison enemy mutation if you equip Funky Duds.
- Sizzling Style. If you kill the Wendigo Colossus often, you will find it beneficial for resisting the lava falls. Also makes flamethrowers hurt less.
- Grounded and Scaly Skin. These mutations will give you an extra 150 energy resistance and 50 extra damage resistance. Helps against robots with lasers.
- Secret Service Armor. I think this is worth mentioning. You don’t get armor benefits inside Power Armor, but you’ll take your Power Armor off sometimes, right? With SS Underarmor and lucky-rolled SS armor, you can be very powerful without power armor. Buy these plans with bullion.
- What do we do about armor piercing? You’ll generally see Armor Piercing in Daily Ops and against Colonel Gusties – or glitched enemies who should not have it. Currently, armor piercing is the worst damage to deal with. All you can do is stack extra defense perks, have less rads, and inject those stimpaks.
AMMO CRAFTING & RESOURCING
first get the Super Duper, Ammosmith, and Ammo Factory perks. then hit a judiciary and craft away. collect EVERY ammunition fell you come across and use the Ammo Converter in your CAMP ( I find this highly boring though ). Max out Raider reputation and buy the ArmCo ammunition construction appliance plan. Check vendors to buy ammunition stacks from players. Stock up on steel, head, and gunpowder, or whatever else your chosen ammunition needs by collecting and scrapping everything you come across. There ’ sulfur loads of resource dense locations you can farm in Fallout 76, but that ’ s besides long for this usher .
You may want to level with shotguns for a while. Ammo management for clayey guns can be unmanageable at first gear levels with no external help. I recommend transitioning to low life when you have all the important mutations, Nerd Rage, the Emergency Protocols mod for one of your sets of ability armor, and a decent arduous grease-gun. Playing on low life may take some getting used to, but you ’ ll yourself very strong.
Read more: 15 Games ’00s Kids Played From Computer Lab
- Fusion cores? Early on, Fusion Cores might be hard to come by. When you advance in the game, Fallout 76 will drown you in them. If the absolute worst scenario happens and you do run out, it’s not hard to capture and hold Workshops to get some extras. Players also sell them frequently. If your heavy weapon uses them as ammo, you’ll probably want to craft them.
- I use so much ammo! Yes, yes you do. Over time, if you’re careful with your ammo management, you’ll have a massive store built up and it won’t worry you as much.
- Where do I find stuff? First focus on getting to Level 50. Excavator and X-01 Power Armor come from quests. T-65 is a time-gated resource-gated bullion grind. The other sets you’ll find from quests or lying around Appalachia. At first, you’ll use the highest-level heavy-gun you can get your hands on. Collect every scrap of steel, lead, and gunpowder you come across, or whatever materials you need for your chosen weapon’s ammo. Legendary Heavy Guns with useful mods are hard to find in player vendors, so you might have to visit trade Discords. If you’re lucky, one will drop for you. Mutations you’ll find in player vendors under the Aid tab. If you have the caps, you can buy the mutation plans from MODUS’ Science Wing in Whitespring Bunker and craft them yourself.
- Will I die a lot? No not really. Since you’re a gunner, you’ll rarely be in the middle of battle. Don’t be afraid to use a preemptive Stimpak for the constant health regen though.
- Can I solo bosses? Yes! If your weapon is strong enough, that is. The weapon you find will ultimately decide how easily you can kill bosses. You don’t need a legacy weapon to solo the Queen or Colossus, just a decent legendary and a truck load of ammo. You’ll probably still want to fight them with other people.
- How big of a damage difference does 20%, 30%, 40% health make? A noticeable difference for Bloodied, less without. I usually play at 20%-30% and let my health get to 10% before I heal myself.
- What if I get tired of shooting? I’ve never heard someone say those words before but it’s easy to transition this build to a Bloodied Two-Handed melee build!
- What’s the general playstyle? Rev up those chambers because your enemies are sure hungry for one HELP! HELP!
- What’s my personal success with this build? With an anti-armor minigun, I solo’d the Scorchbeast Queen with about 10,000 rounds of 5mm ammo, and Earle with 18,000 rounds. I’ve solo’d every Daily Ops I’ve tried with this build in under 8 minutes and easily slaughter 99% of the game’s enemies before they can even reach me.
Can I play without using Power Armor? You ’ ll lose Stabilized so I wouldn ’ triiodothyronine recommend it .
Can I add even more damage? Get a Legacy fleshy gun. Besides that, there ’ s a ten thousand of irregular boosts that I don ’ t think are worth the attempt .