In this guide, we ’ ll cover them all, showing you how to defeat every enemy, solve every puzzle and emerge triumphant .
Related quests and shrines
The way to the Divine Beast Vah Naboris main quest begins in Gerudo Town in the army for the liberation of rwanda southwest of Hyrule. You can get there from the Wasteland Tower — or, closer, Gerudo Tower .
If this is your beginning time venturing into the defect, bring clothes, food or elixir that protect you from estrus and cold. ( Deserts are eldritch. )
Daqo Chisay shrine
There international relations and security network ’ thyroxine much in this abandon corder of the map, but merely outside of Gerudo Town, you ’ ll find the Daqo Chisay shrine. At the very least, interact with the terminal out front to create a firm travel point. Better so far, arrant Daqo Chisay enshrine with our usher .
Forbidden City Entry main quest (How to get into Gerudo Town)
Before you can enter Gerudo Town, you need a disguise. Head northeast from Gerudo Town to the Kara Kara Bazaar. ( See the map above. ) There, you ’ ll find a man who ’ ll sell you Gerudo clothes for 600 rupees. ( He ’ s standing on the roof of the hostel. )
Put these on — all of them — and you ’ ll be able to enter Gerudo Town when you return. As a bonus, wearing the entire set grants you a heat-resistant bonus ( which is helpful hera in the desert ) .
How to get the Divine Beast Vah Naboris main quest
When you get into Gerudo Town, point straight through the front gate, up the far steps and into the building there to meet the chief, Riju. She ’ ll give you the Divine Beast Vah Naboris quest. Speak to Captain Teake ( as Riju tells you to ) and head out to investigate the Yiga Clan Hideout .
How to find the Yiga Clan Hideout
You need to head of Gerudo Town to investigate the thieves, so rent a sand seal from Frelly in Gerudo Town. ( They ’ re like horses for sandpaper. )
You could go straight there, but your best bet is to find Dako Tah shrine, which gives you a falsify location ( and keeps you from renting another sandpaper seal ) .
The way into the Yiga Clan Hideout ( see the map above ) includes a few confrontations with Yiga Clan members. They ’ ra not terribly difficult alone, but they attack in groups, and they ’ re terribly quick. Charge them, and they ’ ll run .
If you have a spear, this is the clock to use it. Spears have image, and they ’ ra quick, excessively. You don ’ t have to get a stopping point as you would with other weapons. ( besides, ambidextrous weapons tend to be ineffective. By the time you can swing a clayey weapon, they ’ ll be gone. )
equitable remember to press B to sheathe your spear when you ‘re not attacking. That ’ s how you can block .
How to get into the Yiga Clan Hideout
The entrance to the Yiga Clan Hideout is a puzzle. Pick up a torch ( save your arrows ), light it, and approach each of the black tapestries atop each of the short circuit staircases. After a few seconds of standing there, the tapestries will catch open fire .
You ’ ll find care for behind some, nothing behind others, Keeses behind however others — and, ultimately, the entrance to the Yiga Clan Hideout .
Prepare with stealth armor
Before you begin your travel through Yiga Clan Hideout, we have a recommendation : If you haven ’ triiodothyronine already, go to Kakariko Village and buy the stealth armor. It ’ s not bum …
- Stealth Chest Guard: 700 rupees
- Stealth Tights: 600 rupees
- Stealth Mask: 500 rupees
… but it ’ s incredibly utilitarian throughout Breath of the Wild — and particularly here in the Yiga Clan Hideout .
You ’ re so quiet while wearing it that you can basically jog correct up to birds ( among the most skittish animals in the game ) before they notice you. And you need to be quiet in Yiga Clan Hideout. Very repose, in fact .
If you have anything of measure, sell it and get the 1,800 rupees you need. You won ’ thyroxine repent it, and you can constantly find more gems. ( In fact, you ’ re about to. )
Yiga Clan hideout walkthrough
When you enter the Yiga Clan Hideout, you ’ ll see a woman, Barta, who speaks of the Thunder Helm. That ’ s what you ’ ll need to collect .
Your goal should be to get through this area without being seen. If you are seen, then it ’ s effectively game over. You ’ ll be swamped, and you about surely won ’ thymine be able to defeat your enemies .
So the strategy here is simpleton : be quiet, be stealthy. And besides collect a short ton of gem .
here ’ s how to get through and collect all of the prize without being seen :
- Walk up the stairs and take the Mighty Bananas.
- Wait for the guard below to walk to your left, and then paraglide down, past him.
- Walk down the stairs and drop some Mighty Bananas in the path just beyond the farthest barrier.
- Make some noise to alert the guard near the door. He’ll investigate, find the food, and get distracted while dancing and eating.
- Run back toward the stairs and then turn and run to the other side of the room. Pillage a treasure chest there for a sapphire.
- Run through the door where the guard stood, turn left, and climb the ladder at the end of the hallway.
- Run down the corridor and collect approximately 473,222 Mighty Bananas.
- Open the treasure chest in the same room for topaz.
- Retrace your steps, turn left at your first opportunity, and jump onto the box. A guard patrols the box, walking around it below you.
- Hop off the box when the guard can’t see you, and follow him around, collecting a ruby from a corner and topaz, amber and an opal, which are all sitting on wooden crates.
- Climb back up to the top of the box.
- Watch the guard patrolling around your box and a guard in the distance, who patrols an area around a ladder.
- When you’re confident that neither guard can see you, paraglide off your box, toward the ladder.
- Crouch and sneak past the guard and climb the ladder.
- At the top of the ladder, take your first right and collect the Mighty Bananas sitting out in the open and, beyond them, a silver rupee (worth 100 rupees) from the treasure chest.
- Walk away from the treasure chest, taking the path to the right as far as you can go. You’ll see a ladder, but don’t climb down it.
- Instead, jump off the ledge, deploy your paraglider and very carefully make your way along the wall, through the entrance covered with spikes and into the next room.
- Pillage the two treasure chests there for two gold rupees (worth 300 rupees each).
- Walk back to the room you came from, and take the ladder up.
- Take the path forward, and turn right at your first opportunity, so that you’re standing on a white cloth.
- Look down, and you’ll see a guard standing in front of a door.
- Drop Mighty Bananas off of the ledge where you’re standing to attract the guard’s attention.
- Paraglide over the guard’s head while he’s distracted, and walk into the room he was guarding.
- Open the treasure chest in the center of the room for some super disappointing Mighty Bananas.
- Use magnesis to find and unearth three treasure chests for topaz, more topaz and a ruby. There’s also a duplex bow (which fires two arrows at a time) you can pick up on the far side of the room behind the treasure chest.
- Destroy the pots in the room for a bunch of arrows (because you’re about to need them).
- Use magnesis on the discolored wall to uncover the entrance to the boss fight with Master Kohga.
Master Kohga boss fight
There international relations and security network ’ metric ton much to the Master Kogha boss battle, by and large because he ’ s a clown .
When he raises a boulder over his principal, shoot him with an arrow. Repeat the process until the second phase of the fight begins, and then … well, repeat the march when boulders appear over his head as he ’ s floating over the giant hole in the middle of the room .
After the fight, you ’ ll get the Thunder Helm, which you can take back to Riju in Gerudo Town .
To Gerudo Town or the Kuh Takkar shrine
At this target, you can feel free to warp back to Gerudo Town and advance the deputation, but you have another option. Climb the walls at the far end of the arena where you fought Master Kohga. Head northeasterly, and you ’ ll soon find Kuh Takkar enshrine .
Outside of Divine Beast Vah Naboris
return to Gerudo Town, equip the clothing to pretend you ’ re a girlfriend, and head to the back of the city to speak to the chief, Riju, once again. Armed with the Thunder Helm, she ’ ll offer to help you begin the fight with Divine Beast Vah Naboris .
When you ’ re plant, rent a sand seal, and take it to the marker on your map. Get the golden bow from inside the construction ( it ’ second amazing because it lets you zoom in ), and take the ladder up clear where Riju will give you 20 bomb arrows .
Before you begin, this is a good time to equip your rubber tights. There ’ mho lots of lightning ahead ( and even at the tail end of this mission ), so they won ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate injury. Don ’ t have rubber tights ? Check out our Shae Katha shrine guide .
Your browser does not support the HTML5 video rag .
The plan ? Ride your backbone seals, and dart Vah Naboris in the feet. It ’ s actually quite elementary. You don ’ triiodothyronine evening have to worry about steering your sand seal. Just reduce on shooting the feet .
When you succeed, you ’ ll amplification access to Divine Beast Vah Naboris. When you arrive, you ’ ll interact mechanically with the Travel Gate, giving yourself a travel bespeak if you need to leave and return .
Inside of Divine Beast Vah Naboris
With his feet immobilized, it ’ second time to go inside of Divine Beast Vah Naboris. In this section of our guide, we ’ ll testify you how to solve the puzzles and find the treasure .
Find the map (and get a treasure chest)
Head straight away from the concluding where you start and destroy the guardian scout, who drops ancient parts and a guardian spear. Head up the ramps and destroy the eyeball in sludge. That will clear the sludge and give you access to the belly of the animal .
Treasure chest on a rope
When you arrive in the belly of Vah Naboris, you ’ ll see ( at the far end ) a treasure chest hanging from a rope. here ’ s how to get it :
- Use stasis on the treasure chest.
- Use your bow and arrow to cut the rope holding it up.
- Switch to magnesis, center the treasure chest in your reticle, and keep pressing A to activate magnesis.
- The moment that stasis ends, you’ll grab the treasure chest with magnesis. Pull it toward you.
- Open the treasure chest for an ancient core.
Finding the map
- Walk up to the platform in the middle from one of the beams on the side of the round room. Look out of the door to your right, and you can eliminate a guardian scout with an eye shot. That’ll knock it off of Vah Naboris with one hit. (Also of note: The terminal in the middle of the room is the Main Control Unit, and you can’t interact with it yet.)
- Facing the main control unit, walk up the ramp and out of the door on your left. Kill the guardian scout wielding an ancient battle axe for his weapon and some ancient material.
- Walk up the ramp to the left of the door, around the corner and down into a room to find a treasure chest with five bomb arrows.
- Walk back into the central room, and drop down to the bottom floor.
- Head in the direction where the treasure chest used to hang from a rope, but turn right before going outside. There’s a walkway here that will never move. Walk up, and you’ll find yourself in the map room. Interact with the guidance stone to get the map of Divine Beast Vah Naboris.
About the Divine Beast Vah Naboris map
This, as it does with all Divine Beasts, allows you to control the animal-shaped machine. Vah Naboris ’ controls are all about rotating the central drum. And, of course, through this you ’ ll be able to find all five terminals .
There ’ sulfur one special thing about this map to note, besides : There are besides closed circuits ( green lines ) and open circuits ( orange lines ). These are your signposts, the things we ’ ll use when we talk about rotating the function .
Keep in mind that, no topic what you rotate, you can constantly return to the map room. We ’ ll often use that as our base of operations to keep everything true .
Two treasure chests
This department assumes you have Revali’s gale, which you get from completing the Divine Beast Vah Medoh main quest. If you don ’ t have it, just hop to the following section. There ’ s an alternate way to get these prize chests, which we discuss immediately following terminal 2 .
The middle cylinder has a platform with two prize chests, and you can get that now if you have Revali’s gale .
Your first subcontract : eliminating the eyeballs ( and therefore the sludge that surrounds the gem chests ). The easiest room is to stand in the belly of the beast and rotate the middle cylinder until you have a clean shoot at the eyeball .
here ’ s how to get the two treasure chests :
- Stand on the ledge outside of the map room.
- Rotate the cylinder closest to the map room so that the closed circuit is on the far wall (assuming that Vah Naboris’ head is pointing to the right on the map).
- Hop down onto the platform jutting out from the closest cylinder, and walk to the end.
- Use Revali’s gale to fly up to the top of the cylinder.
- Glide down to the platform with the treasure chest, and open it for a knight’s bow.
- Rotate the middle cylinder two times, so that the closed circuit is on the opposite wall that it is currently.
- Walk up and over the platform as it rotates beneath you.
- Open the second treasure chest for an ancient shaft.
here ’ s how to find terminal 1 ( and keep in thinker that every pace here is besides pictured in the drift above ) :
- Go to the map room.
- Move the cylinder closest to the map room so that the circuit is at the top.
- Move the middle cylinder so that the circuit is at the bottom.
- Paraglide from the map room ledge to the structure in the middle cylinder.
- Turn right, walk up the stairs and outside, turn right again, and then walk back inside. You’ll find yourself in a box with terminal 1.
- While you’re in the box, rotate the cylinder you’re standing in one click. (The closed circuit will be closest to you, assuming that Vah Naboris’ head is on the right as you look at the map.)
- Interact with terminal 1.
- Turn the cylinder three more clicks, so you can exit and return to the map room.
At this distributor point, you can besides find another treasure chest. Stand in the map room and rotate the cylinders so that you make a horizontal bridge at the diametric end of the belly of the beast .
As you can see above, it doesn ’ thymine look identical useful because both sides of it are blocked. ( The rung openings aren ’ thyroxine doors, in early words. ) That ’ s not a trouble, though .
- Walk up through the central cylinder platform (rotate it if necessary), out of Vah Naboris, and turn right.
- Use a remote bomb to destroy the wall that’s preventing you from reentering.
- Walk across the platform and throw a remote bomb toward the other wall blocking your path out of the belly of the beast. Detonate the bomb in the air near the door to destroy it.
- Paraglide over the gap, where you’ll find a treasure chest with an ancient spring.
Arrange the map so that the two rotating sections farthest from the map room are at the top. This will make the goal furthest from the map rotate, and give you access to the future terminal.
Read more: The Best Videogames of 2020
here ’ s how to get to the terminal ( and you can see it in carry through in the video below ) :
- On the floor in the belly of the beast, walk to the rotating section.
- Wait until you see a hole in the rotating section that you can walk into. (There are two holes, though. The one you want is the one that has a plank jutting out of the wall above it.)
- Walk into the hole and ride it up like a Ferris wheel.
- As you approach the top, the plank will be beneath you. Jump onto it and walk to the end closest to the wall.
- Ride the plank up until you can jump off onto the highest platform closest to the wall. (It’s the second platform you’ll see, not the first.)
- Jump from that platform over to two more platforms, across to the other side of the belly of the beast, and interact with terminal 2.
Three treasure chests
You can access three gem chests from the chopine where terminal 2 sits .
Treasure chests one and two (middle cylinder)
If you ’ re following our template, you may have picked up the foremost two earlier, when we showed you how to get them using Revali’s gale. If you don ’ t have that or didn ’ t do it, then you can get them here, besides .
To access these two care for chests, you need to rotate Vah Naboris ’ center fortune. Rotate it so that the circuit is horizontal — once on the far end and once on the close end. Both are barely a short paraglider trip away, but you have to move the center dowry twice — once to get each breast .
After collecting the first treasure breast, you can do the Ferris wheel trick to return to the platform, rotate the center helping and paraglide over to collect the second treasure thorax, or you can just rotate the center assign after you ’ ve opened the first treasure chest and climb over to the other slope while it ’ second rotate .
Treasure chest three (hallway)
Jump down from where terminal two sits, and paraglide into the center of the rotating wall. There ’ sulfur an eyeball in sludge at the end of the hallway. shoot it, and that ’ ll remove all of the sludge you ’ d otherwise need to avoid. You besides need to watch out for the rotate lasers and spikes on your way in .
At the end of the hallway, open a treasure chest for a knight’s shield .
Allign all three closed circuits so they ’ re at the top, which will cause one end of Vah Naboris ’ inside to rotate ( merely like with terminal 2 ). Get in either hole, ride it to the top and exit out the back .
Push the turn out device several times in one focus, and bill which gear on the side moves. When an electrode arrives at the top, it ’ ll turn gloomy. now push the device in the antonym direction until the other electrode turns blue, besides .
Divine Beast Vah Naboris ’ neck will rise ( as you can see in the gallery above ), and you ’ ll have access to an elevator. Take it up, step off and interact with terminal 3 .
Terminal 4 and a treasure chest
When we had you rotate all three drums for terminal 3, it wasn ’ metric ton rigorously speaking necessary to complete that terminal. But your work is about to pay off .
refund to the center of Vah Naboris, walk through the rotate door, and you ’ ll be able to move directly across the platforms at the exceed of the plaza section because of how they ’ re arranged .
It may be easiest to wait for the door with the ledge underneath, like you did in terminal 2. Either way, jump off at the highest point and head straight across the inside .
A hidden treasure chest
When you cross all the way through Vah Naboris, you ’ ll exit through a small hallway. This is where you ’ ll solve the puzzle that leads to the following terminal. But preceptor ’ triiodothyronine do that quite however. Let ’ s get a treasure chest first .
Walk straight past the apparatus in the hallway, turn right and jump off the ledge. Use your paraglider to swing left and float down to a platform that ’ second equitable below where you walked in above. There, you ’ ll find a care for chest of drawers with an ancient core. ( Fun fact : This is the care for chest you can see from the map room. )
Hop down off the ledge to make your way spinal column into the belly of the animal .
Take the Vah Naboris Ferris wheel back up to the clear, and stop before the hallway. Your finish hera is to route electricity using the apparatus jutting out of the wall, which then unlocks a newfangled area to visit. ( You can route the electricity because of how you rotated the cylinders above to make closed, green circuits. )
- Use magnesis to move the four objects in the hallway, so that two of each are touching the pads at the front, and two are touching the pads at the back. (If you do it backward, they won’t make contact, so just reverse the order.)
- When everything is making contact, walk through the hallway to the back of the pillar in the distance.
- Rotate the cylinders so that all three are on top. That’ll cause the platform where you’re standing to rise.
- Walk around the pillar and up the ramp until the eyeball opens up. (It won’t open until you get close). Kill the eyeball, which will open a path into the next room.
- Enter the room, turn right, and kill another eyeball. Doing that will clear the goo from the area.
- Head right, and climb up the … climbable part of the wall.
- Push the wheel until the switch below turns blue. This will also activate an elevator in the middle of the room. (And a platform that moves back and forth, but that’s a few steps away.)
- Take the elevator all the way down, and destroy the eyeball in goo in the corner of the room (and any floating skulls it spits at you). Now it’s time to take a couple of trips on the elevator.
- In the space between the bottom and top floor, there are two ledges. Ride the elevator, and use magnesis on both — one to get a treasure chest with an ancient screw and one to grab an electric ball. (If you’re having trouble grabbing either of these with magnesis, you can use stasis to stop the elevator first.)
- Drop the ball off the elevator and down to the bottom room. (We’ll be back for it later.)
- Ride the elevator back up to the top floor, and walk off.
- Out of one door, you’ll find a platform moving from this room to another. Walk on, and exit at the other side.
- Kill the guardian scout with the ancient battle axe who arrives on another elevator and collect your rewards.
- Take the elevator to the middle floor, where you’ll find terminal 4 just waiting for you.
- Interact with it, and feel good about the progress you’ve made. You’ve earned it.
Terminal 5 and a treasure chest
Before heading to terminal 5, let ’ s get another treasure chest of drawers .
Take the elevator next to terminal 4 up arsenic high as it ’ ll go. exit, and look out the door to the treasure chest in the distance. Hop onto the moving platform ( it ’ s actually the top of the moving platform you rode earlier ). exit on the far english, and open the care for breast for topaz .
here ’ s how to find concluding 5 :
- After getting the treasure chest, return to the room you came from and use magnesis to pick up the electric ball.
- Take it with you on the elevator to the bottom floor.
- Walk off the elevator, drop the electric ball, and kill the eyeball in the corner of the room. That will clear the goo above the door.
- Use magnesis to pick up the electric ball and move it so that it makes contact above the door. That’ll lift the gate.
- Enter the next room from the gate you must opened, and kill the two guardian scouts in there. Pick up their drops. And note that there’s another door you can now walk out. Hang tight. We’ll be there in a moment.
- Pick the electric ball back up, and bring it into the room where you killed the guardians. Place it on either side of the ramp.
- Now exit through the door on the opposite side of the room with the guardians, get confused for a moment, and then realize you’re in the room at the base of the other elevator, where the other electric ball is waiting for you (because you totally dropped it there earlier … but if you didn’t, ride the elevator up, and pick it up from a ledge between floors).
- Put the electric ball on the empty pedestal in the guardian room.
- That’ll open up the gate and reveal terminal 5. Interact with it and rejoice.
The main control unit
Form the platform with terminal 5, make your way back to the belly of the beast. You ’ ll need to rotate the middle segment when you get there, so that the main master unit is facing up. then you can barely walk right up to it from a ramp on the side .
Doing therefore will trigger the boss contend with Thunderblight Ganon .
Thunderblight Ganon boss fight
How to prepare
Before you begin fighting Thunderblight Ganon, put on your rubber tights. They protect you from lightning damage, and boy is there a draw of that in this battle .
If you don ’ t have rubber tights, you can get them through the Serpent’s Jaws shrine quest. It will make Thunderblight Ganon ’ s lightning-based attacks much, much, much easier to deal with. Or you can constantly cook yourself some food or elixir that increase your lightning price resistance .
ultimately, and as constantly, consider reading our Hearty Durians guidebook, so you can get yourself a many as 20 extra ( impermanent ) hearts. They in truth help with foreman fights .
Thunderblight Ganon phase 1
Your browser does not support the HTML5 television tag .
The first phase of the competitiveness involves Thunderblight Ganon ’ s lightning-fast movements and actual lightning attacks. You need to do two things : freeze and fire .
Blocking his attacks is aboveboard. Just lock on. If you get electrocuted and drop your carapace or weapon, pick it up immediately. And adenine soon as you ’ re done stuff, fire him. It won ’ t do any wrong at inaugural, but your attacks will chip off at his shield, until it breaks .
We used the Master Sword for our fight, which we suspect chipped away at his shield faster than other weapons would have. If you don ’ t have it, check out our usher to getting the Master Sword. Or use one of the weapons that you got for defeating guardian scouts throughout Vah Naboris .
When he floats astir high to shoot glowing lightning ball at you, stay locked on but back aside from him. It makes avoiding those eyeball much easier .
Thunderblight Ganon phase 2
Your browser does not support the HTML5 video recording tag .
The second phase of the fight starts differently but ends in the lapp direction as the first gear phase .
Thunderblight Ganon begins by conjuring metal pillars, driving them into the ground near you and then striking them with lightning. If you ’ ra close, you ’ ll take lightning wrong. Weird as it sounds, though, you want to be fairly cheeseparing. That ’ s the whoremaster to this phase .
Use magnesis on a metal pillar, and move the pillar close to Thunderblight Ganon. Lightning will strike it, throwing him off his game and bet on into a model similar to the first phase. Attack him, and repeat the process until he ’ mho super dead .
Thunderblight Ganon rewards
Defeat Thunderblight Ganon, and you ’ ll receive Urbosa’s Fury, which calls down a lightning fall around you. To use it, just hold Y.
Read more: The Best Videogames of 2020
Completing the Divine Beast Vah Naboris quest
return to Gerudo town ( which won ’ thymine be hard, because you warp there automatically ), and head to the toilet board to speak with Riju, the Gerudo foreman. ( And, yes, you hush have to pretend to be a Gerudo girl, so put on your lady clothes. )
After speaking with Rijui, attend to the leave of there toilet. You ’ ll see two gem chests, one with Scimitar of the Seven and one with the Daybreaker shield.
Try to take the thumderhelm, and you ’ ll unlock The Thundrehelm side quest .