Update on July 2: Season 23 will be ending on July 18. See the following post for exact times for each region.
Update on April 2: Season 23 is now live!
Update on April 1: Updated a bug fix for console players related to Follower skills.
Update on March 30: Patch 2.7.0 is now LIVE on all platforms!
Update on March 26: Additional changes to Firebird’s Finery set and developer notes have been added.
Update on March 22: The latest changes from our PTR testing period can be found with annotations in RED.
Developer Note: Thank you to all the players who participated in PTR and provided feedback through various online sources! Your input is invaluable and plays a critical part to the development of the game.
Season 23 will begin on April 2, at 5PM ( PDT/CEST/KST ) curtly after our next Diablo III update. Read on to learn more about the Follower system vamp, leaderboard changes, and Legendary token changes coming in Patch 2.7.0. We are expecting this update to be released on March 30 .
Table of Contents
New Season Theme
Kormac, Lyndon, and Eirena have long been studying and observing the Nephalem, learning from the best how to conquer darkness. immediately the Disciples of Sanctuary are quick to take their topographic point among legends, equip wonderfully items and emanate their inner office to help in the fight against the minions of sin … .
Season 23 kicks off our brand newfangled Follower system vamp ! Players can now equip Followers with a full of 14 different item slots which include the Follower Relic Item, Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Bracers, Belt, 2 Rings, Neck, Pants, Boots, main-hand weapon, and off-hand .
The Season 23 launch besides introduces the new Follower feature of speech Emanate, which allows the player to gain the intended effect of certain fabled Powers and Set Bonuses when equipped on the rent Follower .
Return to Top
Seasonal Cosmetic Rewards
Beginning with Season 17, we began reintroducing previous rewards to make them available to players who may have missed them the first clock around. For Season 23, this means awards originally available from Season 11 are returning. Pet collectors will be pleased to see the return of the Emerald Dragon… and, in accession to the Pant and Boot slots of the exclusive Conqueror Set, the prize Goblins portraits will be available .
however, we know it ’ mho nice to have something new to aim for if you ’ ve participated in previous Seasons. We ’ ra continuing to provide new end of Journey rewards as introduced in Season 17, with two new cosmetic ones for those who complete the entirety of the Season travel. Prove your worth with The Disciples of Sanctuary aboard and complete the Season 23 Guardian Journey to earn the Lacuni Cub pet and the Chopping Block portrait .
Return to Top
Season Journey Rewards
If you ’ ve been diligently slaying demons before and reached Conqueror in the Season Journey each clock time, you ’ ve surely accrued a few extra hoard tab. You ’ ll earn one extra check each Season by finishing the Conqueror grade, improving to a maximum of five :
- Far Away: Kill the Siegebreaker Assault Beast at level 70 in under 30 seconds on Torment X difficulty.
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment X difficulty. Treasure Goblins outside of Nephalem Rifts will sometimes open portals to Greed’s domain, The Vault.
- A Little More: Reach Greater Rift Level 60 Solo.
- 4 Minutes to Save the World: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment X difficulty within 4 minutes.
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55.
- All I Do is Win: Complete 2 Conquests this Season.
Return to Top
Speaking of Conquests, we ’ re rotating those besides ! Do you love collecting lots of gold as fast as possible ? You ’ ll be set with Avarice and Avaritia. Want to go firm while killing things ? Speed Demon and Need for Speed will serve your purposes. Want to go fast while killing big things ? Boss Mode and Worlds Apart are right up your bowling alley. Divinity and Lionhearted are besides making a return, if challenge Greater Rifts are more your style. last, if you ’ re exquisite to prove your mastery of diverse Class Sets, Masters of the Universe and Masters of Sets will besides be returning .
Return to Top
finally, the Class Sets rewarded for completing certain chapters in the Season Journey courtesy of Haedrig ’ sulfur Gift have rotated once more. We ’ ve listed the available Sets below. For those newfangled to Seasons, hera ’ mho how it works :
Completing Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Season Journey will reward you with three of Haedrig ’ s Gifts. These contain a few pieces from one of your Class Sets. Players can only unlock one Class Set in this manner per Season across Hardcore and Non-Hardcore, so choose wisely ! The arrange you receive depends on the class of the character you ’ rhenium play when you open each Haedrig ’ s Gift. To collect a full class Set, you ’ ll necessitate to open all three on the same character. here are the sets granted by Haedrig ’ s Gift in Season 23 :
- Monk – Raiment of a Thousand Storms
- Demon Hunter – Unhallowed Essence
- Crusader – Roland’s Legacy
- Wizard – Tal Rasha’s Elements
- Barbarian – Wrath of the Wastes
- Witch Doctor – Helltooth Harness
- Necromancer – Bones of Rathma
Return to Top
Below you will find the eyepatch notes for the approaching update for Diablo III, Patch 2.7.0
Read more: Roblox: 15 Best Horror Games
Table of Contents:
Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC unless differently indicated .
Below you will find the patch notes for the approaching update for Diablo III, Patch 2.7.0 .
Follower System Revamp: The Follower system for Diablo III has been revamped and will be made permanently available for Seasonal and Non-Seasonal play ! Players can now equip Followers with a full of 14 different detail slots which include the Follower Relic Item, Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Bracers, Belt, 2 Rings, Neck, Pants, Boots, main-hand weapon, and off-hand. We ‘re introducing a modern Follower sport into Diablo III called Emanate, which allows the player to gain the mean effect of certain fabled Powers and Set Bonuses when equipped on the lease Follower. The current tilt of items with Emanate capabilities are the stick to :
- Broken Crown
- Homing Pads
- Spaulders of Zakara
- Custerian Wristguards
- Nemesis Bracers
- Gladiator Gauntlets
- Gloves of Worship
- Dovu Energy Trap
- Rakoff’s Glass of Life
- Avarice Band
- Krede’s Flame
- The Flavor of Time
- Sage’s Journey (3-piece set bonus)
- Cain’s Destiny (3-piece set bonus)
Follower Skills Revamp: Follower skills have been reworked to showcase newfangled and update skills. Check out the full update on the Follower skills below :
- Crippling Shot
- Ranged attack that deals 140% weapon damage and slows enemies hit by 80% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity.
- Powered Shot
- Ranged attack that explodes on impact, dealing 120% weapon damage as Arcane to enemies within 10 yards and has a 100% chance to Stun enemies for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity.
- Whenever you or the Scoundrel land a Critical Hit, you both will go into hysterics, increasing all damage done by 3% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity.
- Increases Critical Hit Chance by 1.8% to 4% for you and the Scoundrel based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity.
- Multishot Passive
- Passive: The Scoundrel’s special attacks have a 50% to 70% chance to fire 3 bolts based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity.
- *Skill Rework – Vanish
- When you take fatal damage, the Scoundrel conceals you from enemies for 3 to 7 seconds based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity, allowing you to escape your death.
- *New Skill – Night’s Veil
- The Scoundrel launches a cloud that covers a 20-yard area and lasts 5 to10 2 to 4 seconds based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity. All attacks against enemies that are inside the cloud will be critical hits.
- *New Skill – Piercing Shot
- Ranged attack that pierces and increases damage done to enemies by 10% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity.
- *Removed Skills – Dirty Fighting and Poison Bolts
- Heal and Loyalty
- These skills now scale based on the Templar’s Strength.
- Enemies that hit or are hit by the Templar are slowed by 80% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Templar’s Strength.
- Charges a target, dealing 280% weapon damage and stunning all enemies within 8 yards for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Templar’s Strength.
- Taunt enemies within 10 yards of you for 3 to 6 seconds based on Templar’s strength when you are hit.
*Skill Rework – Onslaught
- Delivers a massive blow to an enemy for 800% weapon damage and causes the target and nearby enemies to take 10% increased damage for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Templar’s Strength.
- *Skill Rework – Guardian
- When you take fatal damage, the Templar will rush to your aid, knocking back enemies within 15 yards, healing you for 15% to 25% life based on the Templar’s Strength, and shielding you from all damage for 5 seconds.
- Conjures a pool of energy that deals 330% weapon damage as Arcane over 5 to 7 seconds based on the Enchantress’s Intelligence. Affected enemies will also take 10% increased damage.
- Focused Mind
- A 40-yard aura that increases attack speed for you and the Enchantress by 3% to 6% based on the Enchantress’s Intelligence.
- *Skill Rework (Renamed from Powered Armor) – Powered Shield
- Reduces damage by 6% from ranged attacks, increases Armor by 3%, and slows melee attackers by 60% for 3 to 6 seconds for you and the Enchantress based on the Enchantress’s Intelligence.
- *New Skill – Temporal Pulse
- The Enchantress casts a guided orb that deals 150% weapon damage and slows enemies by 80% for 3 to 6 seconds based on the Enchantress’s Intelligence.
- *New Skill – Amplification
- Increases your highest static elemental bonus by 5% to 10% based on the Enchantress’s Intelligence.
- *New Skill – Prophetic Harmony
- Reduce your skills’ Cooldowns by 5% to 10% based on the Enchantress’s Intelligence.
- *New Skill – Fate’s Lapse
- When you take fatal damage, the Enchantress empowers you to speed up your movement through time for 3 to 7 seconds to avoid death based on the Enchantress’s Intelligence.
- *Removed Skills – Forceful Push, Mass Control, Disorient, and Missile Ward
Solo Leaderboards Update: Greater Rift solo leaderboards now contain extra filters to sort by. This update provides a total of 7 filters available per class .
- Class Sets
- No Class Set
- Overall (default filter)
Return to Top
- Teleport – Adjusted Wizard ‘s Teleport animation travel rapidly .
- Land of the Dead – animation skill rune now removes all resource costs .
- Rathma’s Shield passive skill now has a 60-second cooldown
- Bones of Rathma 2-Piece Set: Your permanentminions reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 0.25 0.50 second each time they deal damage. Your skeletal warriors spawn faster, and your revived minions no longer expire.
- Bones of Rathma 4-Piece Set: Your minions no longer take damage. You gain 1% damage reduction for 15 seconds each time one of your minions deal damage. Maximum of 75 stacks.
- Bones of Rathma 6-Piece Set: Each permanentactive minion increases the damage of Army of the Dead by 500%, up to 8500% 9000 %.
- Defiler Cuisses: Bone Spirit’s damage is increased by 400% to 500% for every second it is active and will also freeze enemies on impact. Maximum of 5 seconds.
- New item* Bonds of C’Lena: Bone Spirit deals 300% to 400% increased damage and deals an additional 2% increased damage for 10 seconds each time Army of the Dead hits an enemy. Maximum of 500 stacks. Army of the dead deals 75 % to 100 % increase damage or double this bonus against an active prey of Command Skeletons .
- Firebird’s Finery 2-Piece Set: Disintegrate Ignites enemies, causing them to take 7500% 3000 % weapon damage per second until they die. When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 60-second cooldown.
- Firebird’s Finery 4-Piece Set: Casting Disintegrate adds Combustion stacks that reduce the cooldown of Teleport by 1% 2 % per stack. Stacks up to 100 50times. You gain 80% damage reduction while maintaining Combustion stacks.
- Firebird’s Finery 6-Piece Set: You gain 4000% 2000 % 5000 % increased damage while Ignite is applied to a target. Hitting an Ignited enemy with a non-channeling fire spell deals Ignite damage multiplied by Combustion stacks.
Developer Note: With the bulk of patch 2.7.0’s focus being on the single-player experience, we recognize that the set reworks and balance changes are some of the most impactful and important to the group play experience. We’ve heard the outpouring of feedback from the community and have decided to increase the Firebird’s Finery 6-piece bonus.
We hope these changes will allow players to explore new strategies in high-end group play compositions for Season 23. We hope you enjoy Firebird’s this season, but we will keep an eye on its power and adjust balance in the future.
- Gears of Dreadlands 6-Piece Set: Your primary skills deal 15,000% increased damage.
- The Ninth Cirri Satchel: Hungering Arrow is guaranteed to pierce and also deals 450% to 600% increased damage. Hungering Arrow can only pierce up to 3 4times.
- Gazing Demise: The damage of Spirit Barrage is increased by 100% to 150%. Spirit Barrage gains the Phantasm rune that lasts twice as long, and the attack rate from Manitou spectres is increased.
- Blackthorne’s Jousting Mail: Replaced one minor property with a random elemental damage affix.
Class Set Dungeon Update
- To account for the Necromancer redesign of the Bones of Rathma set, we have updated the objective to “Revive 100 Corpses” from the current “Raise 100 Skeletal Mages”.
Developer Note: In addition to the recent changes, we’ll continue to analyze the performance of individual builds and rebalance them to allow for more variety in all categories of gameplay. We appreciate and value your feedback as we continue to analyze and fine-tune the performance of a variety of builds and address the high and low performers in this and future balance patches. Thank you all for your support and we look forward to seeing you this season!
Return to Top
- Fixed an issue with the bequest version of Etched Sigil buffing unintended effects .
- Fixed an issue with the Follower ‘s chess death skills activating while the player had a Shield Pylon active agent .
- Fixed an issue where the Templar would sometimes stop following the actor.
Read more: Reef
- Fixed Revive – personal Army buff not persisting with Rathma ‘s 4 piece bonus
- ( Console ) Fixed an consequence with Follower skill cooldowns for Night ‘s Veil ( Scoundrel ), Erosion ( Enchantress ), and Onslaught ( Templar ) .
Return to Top