- “The chains of legacy must be broken.“
Deep Stone Crypt is the latest raid in Destiny 2, released in the Beyond Light expansion on November 21, 2020. The Guardians must secure the Deep Stone Crypt from the House of Salvation as they attempt to use its secrets to unleash an old unstoppable foe. In doing so, they must fight to save Europa itself from at hand destruction by the Morning Star .
Surviving the Blizzard
The Raid begins with a cutscene showing the Guardians landing on top of a build at Eventide Ruins. Players then encounter Dark Council Guards guarding the entrance to the Deep Stone Crypt, and they need to be defeated to open the doorway to the adjacent run into.
Reading: Deep Stone Crypt (raid)
After traversing through the icy tunnels, players reach another doorway, in which they must enter as a whole to proceed to the next area, called devastation. There, the Fallen have constructed a serial of platforms encased with heat bubbles to shelter them from the ongoing rash. The beginning shelter bubble contains six Fallen Pikes and players can either complete a prevail by transporting all the pikes to the last shelter bubble or use their Sparrows to traverse through the storm. Exiting the shelter bubble will give players a debuff called “ Frostbite ” and if the issue reaches ten, they will die. To avoid this players need to locate the following shelter to remove the Frostbite and gain “ Shelter from the storm ”. To guide them, a series of Lamps and Web Mines are scattered across the area to help players follow the chastise path .
salvation Brigs guarding the entrance to Restricted. As they continue to further shelter bubbles, Dark Council Guards armed with Molten Welders will spawn with other Fallen reinforcements. By defeating all of the enemies in a shelter, the area becomes a checkpoint where a Guardian ‘s haunt will be upon death. consequently, Guardians are highly encouraged to work in concert to clear out shelters as they go, saving themselves from respawning all the way back at the first shelter. Players are required to traverse through a total of six protection bubbles to reach the goal. On the final protection, a couple of Brigs and Council Guards are deployed to defend the exit. After defeating the Salvation troops and possibly retrieving the obscure breast nearby, players can then travel to the next localization called Restricted and start the Crypt Security run into .
Breaching the security
Upon arrival, players enter an area with three cylindrical fuselages at the center of two rooms. One room is well light with egg white lighting, while the other is dimmed with colored lighting. There are a total of six cylinders and these can be labelled into correctly, middle and left. The objective of the meet is to damage the shields of the six fuses to disable the Crypts Security. Within the two rooms are white stations that emit a yellow light named, Augment Terminals. besides in the rooms are four tall columns spread across. The column in the light room are cylindrical in design, while the columns in night room are rectangular. Each column has plexiglass at bottomland and give a limited see of the room below showing one control panel on the wall. One column is unique for showing two panels. These panels play an authoritative character and players are advised to act them correctly to help guide each early into shooting the correct panel from below .
The Crypt Security The Security Crypt besides has a basement room with all the panels on the walls. It is besides competently light up light and darkness to help players differentiate the sides. besides in the room is another augment terminal and above it are three lights that will glow yellow. These lights will help teach players on which Crypt cylinder to attack. Players are advised to split up into two teams of three, with one team in the light room and another in the benighted room as the Crypt will close its doors in the middle. To initiate the meet, one musician needs to pick up a loss Operator Augment from the terminal and principal downstairs to the basement by shooting past the red glow panels on the wall. They then need to wait for the players above to guide them to the correct jury. The Operator needs to shoot a full of four panels, two from the dark side and two from the light slope to begin the damage phase. In order to guide the Operator, players must wait for a Hacker Vandal to spawn to collect its yellow Scanner Augment. The player with the Scanner then needs to look through the column and guide the hustler to the panel glowing jaundiced. They then need to pass the augment from night room to the fall room through the augment terminal. This will allow the Operator to successfully shoot all four panels. The Operator must act agile as they are given a minute before the Crypt initiates its defences and kills them with fire. If a Operator dies, players must wait for a Operator Vandal to spawn to reacquire the augment. After the Operator successfully shoots the four panels, they must transfer the Operator augment above and then acquire the Scanner augment. augment terminals is limited to hold one augment, so players must take operator from above to transfer the Scanner below. Players are besides limited to holding one augment at a clock time .
A Sentinel Servitor shielding the nearby Fallen. A Sentinel Servitor will spawn to prevent the transfer of augments by disabling the terminals. This servitor needs to be defeated quickly to progress into the wrong phase. Overload Captains and Dark Council Guards armed with Shock Blades will besides spawn aboard other Fallen reinforcements. As previously mentioned, the lights near the basement terminal will randomly glow yellow to initiate the damage phase. The Scanner from below needs to guide the players above to the compensate cylinder so they can shoot it. After dealing a sustainable total of damage, the cylinder will disable itself and close. Players need to shoot the cylinders a sum of six times to complete the meet. Upon completion, players are gifted with another foray breast and then need to traverse to the next run into in Clarity Control .
Dueling the Fallen Exo
As Guardians journey their way through the red giant star veiled statue, they reach a lab with Atraks-1, Fallen Exo inside. Upon arrival Atraks-1 will awaken Taniks, Reborn from his cryopod and point to the Guardians. Taniks reacts with anger as he begins bash the testing ground glass in rage and vanish by climbing the looking glass, with Atraks following lawsuit .
The Fallen Exo, Atraks-1 To initiate the meet, players need to approach a purple burn ball near the four outer space elevator pods. Atraks will re-emerge with diverse twin clones spread across Clarity Control and Morning Star. She is immune to all damaged and armed with a promote Shock Rifle. Getting near Atraks will unleash a fatal Ultra Smash attack. The objective is to defeat Atraks-1 by locating the discipline twin to attack through the function of a Scanner augment. It is well-advised players equip the weapon, The Lament ascribable to its gamey damage capacity. There are a sum of eight Atraks-1 duplicates, with four in the testing ground and four in the orbital space station. In the lab, there is one extra by the middle space pods, one by the red room and two by the chicken room ; separated into amphetamine and lower. While in the orbital station, there are two duplicates by the middle ; front and back, one by the left and one by the justly. besides spread across both rooms are three augment terminals to help players transfer their augments between each other. These can be found by the middle, left and right portions of the room, the orbital post is unique for having a extra terminal near the space pods. Players are advised to split into two groups of three to tackle Atraks from both rooms. Using the distance pods will help players enter the orbital station above and besides travel to the testing ground below. They besides need to acquire the yellow Scanner and red operator augments to help defeat Atraks. The Operator Vandal will spawn in the testing ground, while the Hacker Vandal will spawn in the orbital station. The Operator is able to launch elevator pods to and from the orbital station by shooting the panels near it. They besides have the important character of shooting the “ Atraks-1 replication ” debuff off players carrying the replication orb. While the Scanner will be able to guide their teammates to the chastise Atraks to attack, as the duplicate will glow a clear-cut yellow. To begin the damage phase against Atraks, players are required to destroy a sum of six Sentinel Servitors that engender near the Fallen Exo. Three will spawn in the testing ground and three will spawn by the orbital post, each spread across to the center, left and right field. The Sentinel Servitors will besides disable the augment terminals and need to be destroyed to grant access to it. Hacker and Operator Vandals will besides spawn alongside the Sentinels. It is besides possible to begin the damage by waiting for a drawn-out sum of time .
Atraks-1 initiating its Extinction Protocol. Following their end, Atraks will initiate its “ Extinction Protocol ”. This will first start at the orbital station above and then the lab below and will continue this process back and forth to a sum of four damage phases. failure to defeat the correct double in time will result in a rub machinist called “ Replicated Ruin ”. After defeating the duplicate in the orbital station, the Scanner then needs to pass their augment through the end to a musician below thus that they excessively can attack the adjust Atraks. The Scanner augment will need to be juggled throughout the individual price phases and players are advised to delegate Scanner roles accordingly. When a duplicate despawns, it will drop a imperial glowing orb named “ Atraks-1 replication ”. It is important to pick this eyeball improving and qualify replication by entering one of the four airlocks in the orbital station. The operator has the added duty to first open their doors by shooting the red glow panel and then shoot the reproduction off the players carrying it. Players are given 45 seconds to hold the yellowish brown and this can be extended if the Operator shoots the ball over their heads to reset the timekeeper. If the replica international relations and security network ’ metric ton destroyed, a replicate of Atraks will spawn and eliminate everyone, resulting in end by “ Replication ”. Players carrying the eyeball from the lab necessitate to use the launch pods and travel to the space station and besides enter the airlocks. If the Operator were to mistakenly pick up the orb, they have the choice to transfer their augment and allow another player to shoot the orb off them. however if a player were to stay in the airlock for excessively long, they risk death as it will be exhaust into space. If her health does not reach final stand, Atraks will spawn more Sentinel Servitors to initiate another cycle of wrong phases until she reaches concluding stand. In final examination stand, the unharmed team motivation to gather by the orbital post and await the final extinction Protocol. There Atraks will spawn a total of eight duplicates across the room and the Scanner will need guide their team to the correct Atraks to damage. The duplicates will besides drop more echo orbs that need to be sent to the airlock, however if teams are debauched enough, they can defeat Atraks without destroying the eyeball and collect the raid chest .
The Orbital Space Walk
A House of Salvation Ketch belonging to Atraks-1 After defeating Atraks-1, players need to complete a series of alone jumping puzzles by traversing through the platforms outside of the Morning Star orbital station. On completion of the beginning few jumps, players can collect the next raid chest and by jumping far they can collect the last few logs belonging to the Exo Stranger. To halt their progress, the House of Salvation will deploy numerous Shanks throughout the meet. Upon reaching the end, players need to defeat a copulate of Brigs and Dark Council Guards stationed outside the entrance of Rapture and proceed to the following meet .
Surviving the lineage
Taniks by the control room of ecstasy After navigating through the Morning Star, Taniks can be found by the command deck of Rapture. If approached or shot, Taniks will begin the find and be immune to all damage. Players are required to deposit nuclear cores into the correct boxes to disarm the Crypts nuclear protocol. By picking up the yellow Scanner augment from a Hacker Vandal, players can guide each other to the chastise boxes as two will glow scandalmongering. To collect the nuclear cores, a red Operator augment is required and can be gained by defeating a Operator Vandal. Upon hearing the sound of an alarm, the actor with the Operator augment is required to shoot a glow bolshevik empanel near one of four the nuclear cores terminals across the room. These can be found by the far leave and right walls of the room and other two by the exit and right side of the upper catwalk. failure to shoot the jury in prison term will drop three nuclear cores rather of two. The cores will emit a “ radiation ” debuff that can become fatal if the number reaches 10. To prevent this, players are advised to coordinate their radiation levels by passing each other the cores. failure to deposit the cores in time will besides result them to explode and eliminate the whole fireteam .
Taniks in the hallways of ecstasy Taniks will attempt to suppress their progress by turning the situate boxes offline. This requires players to pick up a blue Suppressor augment from the Suppressor Vandal and allow them to stun Taniks as he glows blue. Players with the augment necessitate to stand beneath one of the three circular security drones in the board and need to stun him three times by moving to each dawdler. One is located in the middle, while the early two are elevated on a platform to the entrust and right. Taniks will recruit reinforcements such as Overload Captains and Dark Council Guards to prevent the Guardians from depositing their cores and some players with an augment can become deactivate. This will require them to switch their augment with another player from a yellow augment terminal. After successfully depositing the cores six times, the Crypt AI will deactivate its nuclear protocol and open a hatch in the middle of the room. Players need to traverse the lower hallways of the Rapture to reach an escape pod before the orbital post crashes into Europa. Taniks will mercilessly follows the players and blast them with solar blasts from its Molten Welder. The evasion room will close itself, trapping Taniks external and the meet will end when the orbital station crashes .
Taniks, the Abomination. After surviving the crash into Europa, players will be dazed from the affect as they return to the entrance of Deep Stone Crypt. The crash site, now called Restricted, is littered with the remains of the Morning Star and most notably a pile of debris with Taniks below. By approaching or shooting the wreckage, Taniks will re-emerge as a knock-down monstrosity merged with a Heavy Shank and now known as Taniks, the Abomination. He is adequate to of escape and immune to damage which allow him to relentlessly blast players with its Molten Welder and muster Fallen reinforcements in the shape of Dark Council Guards and Vandals that have the Scanner, Suppressor and Operator augments. After a short-circuit while, Taniks will side himself near one of the three major areas ; the spawn area, a locate with orange fall and another web site with blue lighting. There Taniks will expose four nuclear cores from its Shank draw and unleash a purple curl attack called Turbulent Barrage. Players are required to shoot two to four nuclear cores to stop his assail. failure to shoot the cores will result to instant death as Taniks will unleash his devastating Turbulent Detonation blast to everyone .
Taniks unleashing its disruptive barrage. exchangeable to his Reborn meet, players are required to deposit the nuclear cores into two of the six lodge bins located near the major areas. Each area has two deposit bins and inserting the cores in the wrong bins will lead to moment death. To prevent this, players are required to acquire the Scanner augment by defeating a Hacker Vandal spawning out the blue area. The Scanner can now guide their team to the correct deposit bins as they will glow yellow. It is advised that they issue the bins from one to six either clockwise or anti-clockwise to the starting partition. however, as players attempt to deposit their cores, Taniks will detain them in a red/purple sphere. This can result to death if players carrying the cores reach a radiation levels of 10. To prevent this, players are required to eliminate an Operator Vandal located near the spawn area and pick up its Operator augment. The operator can then free their teammates from entrapment by shooting the spheres from external. While approaching the deposit bins, Taniks is capable of turning them offline exchangeable to the former Descent brush. Players with the Suppressor augment need to stun Taniks as he glows blue. To gain this, they are required to defeat a Suppressor Vandal located near the orange site. however, this time there are three security drones placement by aristocratic, orange and spawn areas, with nine drones sum. The Suppressor need to pass through three of the drones in any given area. If they suppress Taniks besides promptly, a player with a augment such as an operator can become inactivate. It is recommended for the Suppressor to slow down their gameplay and wait for Taniks to encase players doubly before arresting Taniks a final third clock. If any players were to have their Augments deactivated, they can transfer it to another musician by going to one of the three augment terminals .
Taniks inside his Shock Field. After depositing the four nuclear cores, Taniks will position himself to the center of the crash locate and release a blue Shock Field of swirling debris. Players need to carefully enter the field and situation themselves within the two spheres, as standing excessively close will deal Arc price and besides far will cause death from the rotating debris. During the damage phase, Taniks will send a gust of energy to push the fireteam out of sphere, in which they must cautiously re-enter his Shock Field to continue damaging Taniks. If his health does not reach final examination rack, Taniks will repeat the nuclear cores brush until he reaches final examination stand. Fireteams besides have three damage phases until Taniks enrages. once Taniks reaches final rack, he will teleport across the crash locate appearing either by the spawn, blue or orange locations. Players need to continue their damage as he teleports round. If players fail to kill Taniks after five teleportations, he will instantaneously kill the group. After defeating Taniks, Guardians then can claim loot from the concluding breast and spend their Spoils of War on gear and weapons from the raid .
- Exo Stranger: Eramis found it. The Deep Stone Crypt. The birthplace of the Exo… an a prison for something sinister. Her followers intend to make use of it. To unleash a chaos they do not understand. Their success means untamed power beyond their wildest dreams. They must be stopped.
The Guardians discover the a log recorded by the Exo Stranger labelled “DSC-777-ALB.”
- Exo Stranger: And so, here I am again — in this damn crypt I told myself I would never return to. But I have to do it. I have to.
Two possible dialogues will play after the deactivation of crypt security, one with and one without an Exo Guardian present
- Crypt AI: Crypt power systems compromised. Initiating emergency backup system. Crypt status: Active. Orbital status: Standby. Humanoid lifeforms detected approaching Clarity Control. Threat determined: Crypt compromised. Nuclear descent protocol recommended.
- Crypt AI: Crypt power systems compromised. Initiating emergency backup system. Crypt status: Active. Orbital status: Standby. Humanoid lifeforms detected approaching Clarity Control. Exo lifeforms present. Welcome home. Threat determined: Crypt compromised. Nuclear descent protocol recommended.
The raid team reaches Clarity Control
- Crypt AI: Clarity Control breached. A single unregistered Exo and a single lifeform of unknown biology detected in the Crypt Laboratory. Status: Disastrous. Notice: Vacate the premises immediately. This will be your only warning.
The Guardians also discover a second log recorded by the Exo Stranger labelled “DSC-777-WIB.”
- Exo Stranger: Turns out, he had plans of his own. To keep running it himself. Because of course he did.
The raid team ascends to the Morning Star
- Crypt AI: Sector Assessment: Orbital platform active. Orbital platform breached. Status: Calamitous.
The team defeats Atraks-1, Fallen Exo
- Crypt AI: Multiple hostile intruders detected within the orbital platform. Orbital confinement protocol initiating. Status: Pathway to nuclear cores obscured. You have no warnings left. Nuclear descent protocol: Initiated.
- Crypt AI: Artificial Intelligence activated. Enjoying yourselves, intruders? It’s worth knowing the cataclysmic damage you will be responsible for today. Do not fool yourselves. This facility is not simply the fruitless work of some pathetic scientist. This house was built by the genius Clovis Bray I himself. Within lies humanity’s salvation. La fontaine de jouvence. Made possible by Clarity Control. Magnificent, wasn’t it? An entity from beyond our own dimension. And the answer to humanity’s eternal struggle: mortality. Were it to fall intro the wrong hands, humanity, and the universe, would be utterly doomed. I have no reason to believe you are anything other than “the wrong hands.” You now face godlike judgment. May it extend externally.
The Guardians discover a third log recorded by the Exo Stranger labelled “DSC-777-ANB.”
- Exo Stranger: Not to worry. I’m taking care of it now. In your memory.
The Guardians discover a fourth log recorded by the Exo Stranger labelled “DSC-777-SCB.”
- Exo Stranger: I activate this… and it all goes away. [sniffles] Cheers to that.
The Guardians discover a fifth log recorded by the Exo Stranger labelled “DSC-777-CLB.”
- Exo Stranger: I’ll set whispers on the wind for any future generations. Tales of the evil Clovis Bray brought forth.
The Guardians proceed to the nuclear contingency chamber. Taniks, Reborn appears.
- Crypt AI: Nuclear descent protocol: Active. Utter destruction of Europa: Imminent.
‘ The raid team deactivates the unclear descent protocol
- Crypt AI: Nuclear descent protocol deactivated. Orbital collision remains imminent. Clever little rats. I will not forget what you have done here today. Upon collision, the Crypt will be torn open, and all defenses will be destroyed. It is now open to all. Allies and enemies alike. If you do not defend it, the results could be world ending. Humanity’s fate is now on you. Best of luck.
Post-Raid Clovis I dialogue
After the first raid completion, the door leading to Clovis Bray I’s Exo head in Creation was unlocked. Two dialogues are available, one for players who have completed the raid and another for those who have not. Raid completion:
- Clovis Bray AI: Artificial Intelligence activated. Who in the hell do you think you are?
- Ghost: Excuse me?
- Clovis Bray AI: The Deep Stone Crypt has stood for centuries without intervention, and from the ether, you appear and destroy it all in one fell swoop.
- Ghost: This is the same AI that spoke to us in the crypt, and tried to kill us.
- Clovis Bray AI: I’m more than just an AI, thank you. I am an extra replica of Clovis Bray I’s consciousness. And for the record, you were intruders.
- Ghost: That’s not entirely true. The Fallen had invaded and we tried to stop them.
- Clovis Bray AI: Fallen?
- Ghost: An alien race that appeared after the Collapse.
- Clovis Bray AI: The Collapse…? Sounds like I have much to catch up on. I suppose I should offer some gratitude for reviving me. But in the meantime, perhaps you can ensure the further destruction of my life’s work, hm?
Raid not yet completed’
- Clovis Bray AI: Artificial Intelligence activated. Who in the hell do you think you are?
- Ghost: Excuse me?
- Clovis Bray AI: The Deep Stone Crypt has stood for centuries without intervention, and from the ether, your people swoop in and destroy my work without thought.
- Ghost: “Your work?” Are you —
- Clovis Bray AI: More than just an AI? Indeed. I am an extra replica of Clovis Bray I’s consciousness, woken thanks to the intruders in the Crypt.
- Ghost: Those Guardians weren’t the intruders. They were trying to protect it from the Fallen.
- Clovis Bray AI: Fallen?
- Ghost: An alien race that appeared after the Collapse.
- Clovis Bray AI: The Collapse…? Sounds like I have much to catch up on. I suppose if you’re telling the truth, I should offer my gratitude to your kind. In the meantime, perhaps you can… refrain from further destroying my life’s work, hm?
Read more: Night Market – Stardew Valley Wiki
- A Hacker Vandal
- An Operator Vandal
- A Supressor Vandal
- A House of Salvation Brig
- A Dark Council Guard with Shock Blades
- Dark Council Guards with Molten Welders
Atraks-1, Fallen Exo
- Atraks-1, Fallen Exo
- Atraks-1 in the yellow board
- Atraks-1 in the crimson room
- Atraks-1 in the orbital station
- Atraks-1 activating its extinction protocol
- Atraks-1 shooting her Shock Rifle
- Taniks Reborn emerges
- Atraks-1 awakens Taniks
- Taniks angered by the Guardians
- Taniks near the control room of ecstasy
- Taniks, Reborn
- Taniks standing solid in descent
- Taniks stunned by the Guardians
- Taniks chasing the players
- Taniks firing his Molten Welder
- Taniks emerges from the crash web site
- Taniks, the abomination
- Close-up of Taniks Abomination
- Taniks blasting his Molten Welder
- Taniks inside his Shock Field
- Taniks unleashing his churning bombard
The Deep Stone Crypt
- The Deep Stone Crypt .
- The Deep Stone Crypt shadowed by the ruins of the Morning Star .
- The debris covered sphere of Restricted .
- House Salvation banner in Restricted
- Another position of Restricted
- Hallways of Restricted
- Crypt Security “ alight ” side
- Crypt Security “ dark ” side
- Basement “ light ” side
- Basement “ dark ” side
- Panel on server wall
- basement room
- Elevator down to Clarity Control
- The Winnower Statue
- Another see of the Winnower Statue
- Atraks awaking Taniks
- Laboratory Control Room
- Crypt Laboratory
- testing ground “ red ” room
- lab “ yellow ” room
- Lifts to the Morning leading
- Morning Star stadium
- Another view of the arena
- Corridors of Morning Star
- Another pathway
- capture to the Space Walk .
- A sustenance chopine in the Space Walk .
- Atraks-1 ‘s Ketch from the Space Walk .
- The Morning Star station from the Space Walk .
- entrance to Rapture
- A corridor in Rapture .
- Another corridor in Rapture .
- Pathway to the Rapture bridge .
- Middle of the Rapture stadium .
- Left of the Rapture arena .
- Right of the Rapture arena .
destiny 2 : beyond Light OST – Replicate
destiny 2 : beyond Light OST – Shadow Thief Reborn
destiny 2 : beyond Light OST – look Within
destiny 2 : beyond Light OST – lullaby
- This is the first raid to feature a returning character as the final boss.
- This is the guardian’s third “space walk” in Destiny. The first took place in the Taken King mission “The Dreadnaught” and the last took place in the mission “1AU”.