It feels like 1.6 but will NEVER be like 1.6
That ‘s a fact, and I ‘m not hiding it or selling dreams to you guys, the mod will NEVER be EXACTLY like 1.6 and even if at first I wanted to bring back ALL aspects of 1.6, I ‘m starting to change my mind on that because of the limitations, the fact that people would get bored since it ‘ll just be a remastered 1.6, and of naturally all the problems 1.6 had related to balancing issues, bugs, etc …
So, what’s the deal?
Reading: Classic Offensive mod
thing is, why not taking the mod into a smart focus ? Where there would be no balancing problems ? Reworked maps, keeping the improvements CS : GO had over the years, and all that while keeping the nostalgia and feeling from 1.6 ? This may sound crazy … but think about it, the perfectly balanced Counter-Strike where the P228 and FiveSeven would n’t be deoxyadenosine monophosphate useless as they were in the past, the shotguns having a determination, the sub-machineguns being useful .
The mod is for now taking both directions at the lapp clock … keeping the balance from 1.6, while removing the bugs that were in 1.6 which were fixed in CS : GO, but still by keeping the exact same maps as they were in 1.6 but at the same time keeping the improvements CS : GO introduced …
What do we do then?
I have basically two options:
- Option 1 – The Straight Classic
Build the mod without improving what 1.6 did in the past, including porting the EXACT like maps but in HD ( a bit like what CSPromod did in the past … though it ‘s the path I ‘ve been taking until now … Dust2 and Inferno are examples about how it ‘d go ), keeping CS1.6 ‘s poise, extending reload times, keeping the glitches from 1.6. But I would be limited about things I ca n’t modify like, nade physics, players heights and all those things hardcoded in CS : GO .
– Keep the 1.6 balance .
– Keep the EXACT same maps .
– Keep the SAME feel .
– Do basically a CSPromod 2 .
– Anything to make it like 1.6 ,
– But only keeping CS : GO ‘s stuff if I ca n’t get around it .
– stick to the old gamemodes and not improving them at all.
– Keep the previous atom effects .
- Option 2 – The Perfect Mix
Build the mod around what CS : GO improved, while keeping the nostalgia and fixing the libra WITHOUT the new weapons, playermodels, sounds, skins … but remaking the maps around the atmosphere and art styles of 1.6 alternatively of a straight port ( basically 90s themed, influenced by films and half life … take CS_Italy for exemplar which is included in the mod and is in fact CS : GO ‘s Italy with the feel and layout from 1.6 )
– try to fix the poise of the weapons like Valve is trying to do .
– rework degree centigrade : GO ‘s maps, while making them feel like the old ones and keep the themes of 1.6 .
– embrace the greatest degree centigrade : GO ‘s changes ( opaque smokes, right snap give, C4 sounds, map improvements, skins ) ,
– But keep the classical feel ( and the pillow that made 1.6 popular ) .
– not re-implementing the new weapons ( f**n ‘ kek-9 )
– Keep the good erstwhile sounds ( and MAYBE rework them a bite ) .
– observe in judgment that CS1.6 had its issues, and that CS : GO fixed some of them .
– confirm the mod until my death Keep improving the libra of the mod using community feedback
– Add fresh gamemodes ( Instagib, Golden gun, CS : GO ‘s Guardian gamemode )
– Add new HD particle effects because they look outdated in the current translation .
– Keep the honest-to-god 1.6 movement physics though improving it to make it smooth.
Now? you guys Vote!
Because the mod is all about the community, I will never take decisions without knowing what the community want, a separate of it is nostalgic but want great changes, and the rest is pure 1.6 players. The mod is still planed on the 25th December no matter what.
Votes are over, Option 2 was picked at 76%