however, while going cordless adds appliance, it ’ second not vitamin a simple as it can be. There are a lot of different products out there but don ’ triiodothyronine worry, we ’ ve got you covered.
Reading: Best wireless gaming headsets
Editor ’ south bill : this article was updated on December 10, 2021, to add the EPOS H3PRO Hybrid to the Best list, and to move the Corsair Virtuoso Wireless SE to the luminary mentions section .
The HyperX Cloud Flight S is the best wireless gaming headset
The HyperX Cloud Flight S brings ease and performance for a fair price. This is a wireless gambling headset made for personal computer and PlayStation 4, and if you ’ re going between those platforms it ’ mho pretty much the best option out around—wireless or otherwise .
HyperX Cloud Flight S
HyperX Cloud Flight S
This headset is built on a primarily formative frame, but it doesn ’ t feel cheap. It doesn ’ t whine at all, and the earphone hinges revolve and careen adequate to accommodate most head sizes. The earphone pads are leatherette covering thickly memory foam, which is identical comfortable but doesn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate do a distribute for gamers with glasses .
The HyperX Cloud Flight S uses a radio RF joining with a 2.4GHz USB dongle for transmitting audio between it and your platform of choice. This is adept because it means audio lag won ’ thymine be an exit, and broadly, this connection takes less power to maintain. That saved juice doesn ’ t go to waste here, as the Cloud Flight S lasted around 35 hours during our testing—better than good about any other bet on headset on the market. additionally, this headset brings surround sound to both the PlayStation 4 and the personal computer, something that basically no early headset does .
It ’ s besides bad this doesn ’ thyroxine work with the Xbox One or Nintendo Switch, but if you ’ ra looking for something that checks all the boxes on either the PlayStation 4 or personal computer, this is your best bet. It ’ mho besides compatible with the HyperX NGenuity app, but you don ’ metric ton actually need it if setting customs EQ presets international relations and security network ’ t your thing .
What you should know before you purchase a wireless gaming headset
The most important thing to think about when you ’ re getting a radio bet on headset is what platform you ’ re going to be gaming on. For the most separate, there is no one-size-fits-all choice on the commercialize, and that ’ s chiefly down to limitations placed by cabinet manufacturers. Every platform has its foibles, some of which mean you won ’ thymine be able to get something that works everywhere .
For whatever rationality, Microsoft in particular doesn ’ thymine like it when headsets that work on Xbox One besides work on PlayStation 4, then finding a wireless headset that works on both is basically impossible. Up until fairly recently, the Nintendo Switch didn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate support USB audio, whether it was wireless or not, and it ’ s alone total support on a by-device basis. The PlayStation 4 market drawing card that it is, doesn ’ metric ton actually place any rigid restrictions on headphones, but some placid work good on the chopine than others .
Related: How to connect your gaming headset
If you ’ ra gambling on personal computer, the only thing to in truth think about is managing your USB ports. Wireless gaming headsets generally don ’ metric ton use Bluetooth, due to lag and inconsistent console table support. alternatively, you ’ ll normally find a wireless gaming headset that connects with a USB dongle using a 2.4GHz radio frequency connection, which is less barrage intensive and far less prone to lag—plus everything has a USB port, after all .
Wireless gaming headsets by and large don ’ metric ton use Bluetooth, due to lag and inconsistent console table support. alternatively, you ’ ll normally find that a wireless gaming headset connects with a USB dongle using a 2.4GHz radio frequency connection
ultimately, a set of headsets are besides available in different versions for different platforms. The Razer Thresher Ultimate, for example, comes in a classify model for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. If there ’ s something you like on this list, but it isn ’ triiodothyronine for your platform of option, it ’ sulfur possible there ’ s a more compatible translation floating about. With that said, there are enough differences between the highlights of what ’ s available on each platform, that we decided it was worth including an entrance for each major cabinet .
The SteelSeries Arctis 7 works on most platforms and brings the features
If your only accessible port for a bet on headset is at the back of a loom under a desk, a radio receiver gambling headset is probably what you should get. Built on SteelSeries ’ highly comfortable Arctis frame, the Arctis 7 sports a flexible suspension isthmus and earphone pads made of Airweave framework, which keeps things nice and cool .
SteelSeries Arctis 7
SteelSeries Arctis 7
The Arctis 7 uses a 2.4GHz USB radio RF dongle to transmit audio between the headset and whatever it ’ second connected to, so lag international relations and security network ’ t an exit. SteelSeries claims its battery can last up to 24 hours on a single charge, though in our inspection we found it landed somewhere closer to 16—still nothing to sneeze at .
The Arctis 7 features a retractable, Discord-certified microphone, so it ’ randomness guaranteed to play well with the program—a necessity for personal computer gambling. The headset besides supports hi-res sound recording, though most video recording games don ’ triiodothyronine. And peak of all that hardware, the SteelSeries Engine app brings surround sound and custom EQ poise, to boot. If you don ’ t beware losing app support, you can use this on the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, excessively .
The Razer Barracuda X is the best wireless gaming headset for Nintendo Switch
Wireless audio has been something of a bugbear for Switch owners. recently, a software update to the Nintendo Switch opened up the USB ports on its dock to support radio receiver audio, allowing an extra level of appliance for gamers. however, the Razer Barracuda X is one of the few wireless gaming headsets that work with the Nintendo Switch when it ’ randomness docked or undock .
Razer Barracuda X
Read more: Counter Tips to Beat Malphite – LoL Impact
Razer Barracuda X
The Barracuda X uses a USB-C dongle and includes a USB-A adapter for devices with older ports. Just plug the USB-C dongle into the USB port on the penetrate of the Switch and you ’ re all set for radio, undock heed. You can even use the dongle with a compatible smartphone, giving you the choice to take the Barracuda X out on the town ( which is an option since you can remove the boom mic ) .
The Barracuda X, while versatile, has its shortcomings. Isolation performance is lone o under ideal conditions and the microphone end product is curiously calm. distillery, for under $ 100 USD, you ’ re getting a firm Razer headset that doesn ’ triiodothyronine trust on the dubious Razer Synapse software. We like this and hope you do excessively .
The EPOS H3PRO Hybrid delivers a premium, cable-free gaming experience
The EPOS H3PRO Hybrid checks closely every connectivity box you would want from a gambling headset, and is a rare breed that features active randomness cancel ( ANC ). You can take this headset out and about thanks to its Bluetooth connection choice, though you only get the standard SBC codec with it .
EPOS H3PRO Hybrid
EPOS H3PRO Hybrid
The headset is crafted for gamers of all platforms, though you could argue that you get the best know on personal computer with the EPOS Gaming Suite companion app. here, you ’ ll find equivalent presets, a microphone page with a alive frequency proctor and sliders to control the gain, sidetone, noise gate, and ANC. Don ’ thymine get it wind : this is however a solid cabinet headset since you can connect directly into a earphone jack, wirelessly with the USB dongle, or with the cable USB cable television .
By far one of the best things about the EEPOS H3PRO is its microphone, making this a great tool for talking with your buddies or engaging in endless Zoom calls. not all is perfect here, however ; the battery is in manipulation even when you plug the headset into a restrainer or laptop, and the price is quite high at $ 279 USD. still, if you can get past those drawbacks, you ’ ll find enough to love about the H3PRO Hybrid .
The Logitech G Pro X Wireless sheds the wires but keeps the features
If you ’ re a game who wants as many features as a company can fit in a bet on headset ( or company app ), look no further than the Logitech G Pro X Wireless. Logitech besides happens to carry a CarbonNeutral documentation from Ntaural Capital Partners, making it a solid eco-friendly headset .
Logitech G Pro X Wireless
Logitech G Pro X Wireless
This headset follows the like purpose principles as its predecessor, the G Pro X, sporting a metallic element skeletal system and matte black plastic ear cups with big Logitech G logo emblazoned on metallic plates on the side. The headset comes with lavish memory foam ear pads covered in leatherette, equally well as velour-covered alternates—great for gamers with glasses .
The Logitech G Pro X Wireless is compatible with virtually most gambling platforms, including personal computer, Nintendo Switch ( while docked ), PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. It uses a 2.4GHz RF USB dongle for a virtually lag-free radio receiver gaming experience. unfortunately, the G Pro X doesn ’ t support 3.5mm connections of any kind—so undock Nintendo Switch and Xbox digest are off the board .
The G Pro X is a great personal computer headset and a pretty dependable console headset .
On personal computer, the Logitech G Pro X Wireless supports a bevy of options through the G Hub app. Using Logitech ’ s gaming companion app, you can access virtual smother, custom earphone EQ options ( both presets and the ability to make your own ), and the Blue Vo ! ce suite of microphone options. Blue Vo ! ce brings tons of customization options for your microphone know, like custom EQ, make noise reduction, expander, de-esser, and more. It won ’ t get you to a broadcast timbre level, but it ’ ll get you closer with software than most gambling headsets. Listen here.
Read more: The Great EarlyGame URF Tier List Guide
The best wireless gaming headsets: Notable mentions
- Corsair Virtuoso Wireless SE: The headset is crafted for gamers of all platforms. The unboxing experience reveals a slew of connectivity options, which includes a USB-C to USB-A cable, 3.5mm aux cable, or a 2.4GHz USB wireless dongle for a virtually lag-free, untethered gaming experience.
- Corsair Void RGB Elite Wireless: The Corsair Void RGB Elite Wireless is a great wireless gaming headset, with a comfortable fit, good sound, and great microphone. Its frame is a little loose, but it’s got solid battery life, and you can customize the color of the headset’s LED lights, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- HyperX Cloud II Wireless: For $150, this gaming headset ticks all the boxes when it comes to a no-frills gaming headset, sporting a comfortable design, very good sound quality, and an impressive 30+ hour battery life. The headset is compatible with PC, PlayStation 4, and the Nintendo Switch when docked.
- PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset: This is ideal for people who want a headset that simple and straightforward to use. It offers 7.1 virtual surround sound, a consumer-friendly sound profile, and good wireless performance backed by Sony.
- Razer Kaira Pro: This is Razer’s first headset designed for Xbox gamers. It features Xbox Wireless support for cable and dongle-free connections for a seamless, untethered gaming experience. It can also connect to mobile devices via Bluetooth for casual listening, or for mobile gaming.
- Razer Kaira Wireless: If you’re an Xbox gamer who wants to save a little cash, this pared-down version of the Razer Kaira Pro has everything you need for a dongle-free gaming experience: a comfortable design, good microphone, and decent battery life.
- Razer Nari Essential: This headset features a bass-heavy sound signature with 7.1 surround sound for an immersive gaming experience—all for less than $100. PC gamers get additional customization options via Synapse 3, including EQ controls to fine-tune your listening experience.
- Razer Nari Ultimate:If these headsets just don’t have all the bells and whistles you want, the Nari Ultimate is probably your best bet. This headset features everything the other headsets on this list feature, along with vibrating headphones that activate during bass sounds. It all feels a little gratuitous, but if that’s what you’re in for, this is a great option.
- SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless: This is one of the only wireless gaming headsets that work with the Nintendo Switch console, regardless of whether or not it’s docked.
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X: This headset features Xbox Wireless support for a cable-free and dongle-free connection—complete with Windows Sonic Surround Sound. It’s essentially one of the best headsets you can buy for the Xbox One.
- Turtle Beach Stealth 600: This is another good wireless gaming headset for less than $100. It features a great microphone, an accurate frequency response, and is slated to have forward compatibility with upcoming consoles like the PlayStation 5.
- EPOS GTW 270 Hybrid: This is basically the only pair of true wireless gaming earbuds on the market. The mic doesn’t work when the USB-C Dongle is connected, but there’s no audio lag, good sound, and battery life long enough for decent play sessions.
- Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless XT: This upgraded Virtuoso headset brings Bluetooth and aptX HD support. It’s otherwise an identical headset to the Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE, and dishing out an extra $60 USD for a feature that isn’t terribly important for gaming feels a little steep, which is why this headset is in the notable mentions instead of the main list. If your budget’s expansive, this could the just the ticket.
Why you should trust SoundGuys
The bet on headset space, a lot like many other parts of the audio industry, is prevailing with overstate lyric and gimmicky features that often don ’ metric ton add much of anything to your feel. It ’ randomness easy to get caught up in the flashy lights and promises of immersive audio and bass indeed intense it ’ ll rupture your eardrums ( in a dependable way, somehow ), but most of that stuff flat out doesn ’ triiodothyronine count. That ’ south why we review headsets, and why we have lists like this .
When it comes down to it, I don ’ triiodothyronine precisely review gaming headsets because I ’ molarity passionate about good audio. pretty a lot everything I do here at SoundGuys focuses on gaming content, and that ’ second because I ’ ve been a crippled my wholly life. You name it, I ’ ve credibly played it. I know what kind of audio features are crucial for different kinds of games, and possibly more importantly : which ones aren ’ triiodothyronine .